Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jay (ABC)     09 August 2013

Filing trademark

Hello,

I wish to apply for a trademark for a brand name and hence approached some Law firms for the same. However, every firm  is asking to sign POA and every format is different. I am pasting below a format which I received recently. I would like to know whether there will be any issues from my side in future if this format is signed and given to the law firm to do the trademark activity for me. Can I be in a deadlock loop?

The search of the name is found not available, hence i can use the name Would need your advice and guidance on the same.

Thanks.

Regards

Jay

========== 

ORM TM-48

THE TRADEMARKS ACT, 1999

FORM OF AUTHORISATION

[Sec.145; Rule 21]

We,<<Company>>, having our registered office<<Address>>  do hereby authorize Mr. ABC, Advocate at <<Address>>, to act as our agent for the purpose of filing and prosecuting applications for registration of trademarks in all classes, oppositions, Renewals, Restorations, Recordals of Assignments, Licensing, Recordal of Registered users, No objection certificate and all proceedings before the Registrar of Trademarks or the Government of India and all acts, deeds and things (including appointment of substitute or substitutes) as the said attorneys may deem necessary or expedient in connection therewith or incidental thereto and request that all notices, requisitions and communications relating thereto may be sent to such agent at the above address.

Dated at Pune on this 15th day of Jan, 2013

Signature:

Authorised Signatory: For<<Director & Seal>>

================================================

Learning

5 Replies

Advocate Vishnu (Advocate)     11 August 2013

This format is in accordance with the recommended format. you may authorise the law firm to file your application . Good luck.

Jay (ABC)     11 August 2013

Thanks for your advice!

subramanian (consultant)     13 August 2013

The format given is known as general power of authority by which the attorney is authorised to act on your behalf in all matters regarding trademarks. This is a wide power.You can also execute a single power of authority for carrying out a particular cctivity or function for eg filing trade mark application or obtaining registration. The stamp duty will be different.you can also process the application directly with the trademarks registry as it is not compulsory to appoint an attorney..

T.R.Subramanian

Jay (ABC)     13 August 2013

Thanks for your guidance Mr. Subramanium. Can the director of the company e-file Trademark though "Proprietor" option in the website.

Regards

Jay

subramanian (consultant)     13 August 2013

Yes

T.R.Subramanian

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register