Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kash (Engineer)     09 March 2017

Fathers dispute with his sister

Hello Sir

my father has some property(patta on his name) deed is still with my great grandfather and also some property(patta transferred to his name) in his grandmother(mother's mother who happens to be my grandfather’s sister) without any will and all the elders are died : Total of 5 acers agri land and 8 cents home Land all in tamilnadu

and father has one sister, on the insistence of family elder, my father did everything for his sister, financed them to buy land (3 acers Agri Land and 20 cents home land and further he gave lot of money to build hosue), gave jewelry almost he did everything equally on his own hard work and  earnings as kind of oral settlement, now the thing is that she and her husband sold everything and settled their daughters(2) marriage and they have nothing left, 

now my father wants to settle the properties with him to his own kids(we are three of us) when we ask her to come fwd sign the settlement papers she is refusing and she wants more form remaining property, and we are willing to give her some money as gesture and she is refusing an only wants share land.

1. should we go ahead and partition between our self without her consent

2. do we really need her consent?

3. is there any way we can convince the court that my father bought land and jewelry for his sister also most he did everything to his sister equally.

4. there are plenty of people witness to my father’s contribution to his sisters family, but only oral, nothing documented.

5. if any documented evidence required what kind of? 

6. what will be the legal consequences if she wants to go to court?,

Mani

Learning

3 Replies

Kash (Engineer)     09 March 2017

Sir....Kindly looking for expert adive

(Guest)

Whatever you ppl did for her it is out of love and affection, there is no bill for it, to show in court or to ppl.  IT will come into your respective karmas.

Now the legal part.  Everybody has equal share of 1 each and if you dont give it to her which she legally deserves, she can drag you all to court and make you all roam to court till you die.

Best is give her, her share and send her, her way/  Any other form of settlement wont be of no use here, and court wont agree to your bulbultara story.

shrenik (lawyer)     09 March 2017

Her share is obviously there

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register