LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

bomneedhelp77 (owner)     30 March 2017

Father wills to mother who died intestate

My father willed all his assets to my mother who died intestate . What is the best course of action to get the assets transferred from my mother to me and and my siblings ?

Learning

11 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 March 2017

The mother can dispose the estate by her free will, by any valid deed say WILL, to anyone as per her choice.

I am sorry I ofrgot to mention that both my father and mother have expired.

Was WILL of father duly acted upon without any cloud on it.

If yes mother would be shown as owner in mutation records of estate mentioned in WILL.

Obtain latest mutation record from O/o authority under whose jurisdiction property falls.

It is believed that all of you are Hindu.

Confirm!

No we are Christian. Also father's will was not executed. What is the best course of action ?. 

Obtain death certificate of Father (you mght already be having it), Mother

Legal heir certificate of Father (you mght already be having it)

Legal heir certificate of Mother

Approach local counsel well versed with such: succession/property matters and succession laws applicable to your faith.

If there is NO dispute amongst siblings it shall be easy.

Kumar Doab,

We do not have legal heir ceritificate of father. Will there be a problem in getting legal heair certificate of father without that of mother ?

Saablog,

I have been responding to you promptly.

It is basic courtsey that when someone is helping atleast address as Mr/Shri............

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 March 2017

Succession certificate to be obtained from the local civil courts. Please meet a civil practiced lawyer.

V.Govindaradjou (Advocate)     04 April 2017

The primary legal heirs Viz., sons and daughter will get equally. if your paternal grand mother is alive she is also entitle for a share.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register