Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Alok   23 March 2017

Father's house grabbing

Hi 

My father had given his vacant house in his village to his elder brother to stay on their request 20 years back. He had not asked for any rent on the same .My father now wants to sell the village  house as he is staying in city .

But his elder brother refuses to vacat with one or the other reasons. Sometimes he even claims that the property belongs to him . 

My father where 5 brother and the partition had happened long time back and all brothers got their share of parental property.

We have tried influencing through village panchayat and other elders in the village ,but the Sarpanch is not willing to look into the matter and wants us to settle it on our own.

What are our legal options and process to get the propert vacated ?.My father is 71 years now and we fear that after him passing away we will never be able to recover our ancesteral property. We are three brothers living in different cities in India far from the village.

Thanks

-Alok

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Alok
Hi 

My father had given his vacant house in his village to his elder brother to stay on their request 20 years back. He had not asked for any rent on the same .My father now wants to sell the village  house as he is staying in city .

But his elder brother refuses to vacat with one or the other reasons. Sometimes he even claims that the property belongs to him . 

My father where 5 brother and the partition had happened long time back and all brothers got their share of parental property.

We have tried influencing through village panchayat and other elders in the village ,but the Sarpanch is not willing to look into the matter and wants us to settle it on our own.

What are our legal options and process to get the propert vacated ?.My father is 71 years now and we fear that after him passing away we will never be able to recover our ancesteral property. We are three brothers living in different cities in India far from the village.

Thanks

-Alok

All these years what you did?  Dont worry.  First give eviction notice stating all facts, if you do it now, then atleast you will have some hope that property will be saved.  Give time 2 months to vacate.  Contact lawyer locally asap. Dont delay.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register