LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

lostkite   01 June 2016

Fast divorce for foreigners

Is there any way to get divorce petition in fasttrack petitioner being the foreigner. 

can i waive off the cool off periond in divorce? ( as she already filed divorce but got dismissed)

i got 498a acquittal.

Learning

8 Replies

(Guest)
  1. No speed up of court process on grounds of being foreigner. 
  2. Cool off period cannot be waive on grounds of being foreigner.
  3. Congratulations on 498a acquittal. Share your case details with a senior lawyer to see if your case is a good fit for prosecuting the wife under various grounds. If your case has a good chance to win her conviction, there are now groups which are willing to cover expenses of such cases in the interest of detering misuse of 498a. 

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     02 June 2016

Are U a foreigner or an NRI?

Why did U post another query with the same subject,U should continue one thread only?

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Appeal-time-after-498a-acquittal-137924.asp

lostkite   02 June 2016

because both are different subjects of relevant categories. 

Hi Paloma, 

groups which are willing to cover expenses of such cases in the interest of detering misuse of 498a" could you explain further. 

(Guest)

It means what was written. Contact via PM.

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     02 June 2016

Sir, 

You can refer my article for waiving of the cooling period on this website, Yes it can be done. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     02 June 2016

Acquitted in section 498a IPC criminal complaint is very good ground of cruelty for obtaining divorce. If the respondent wife doesn't defend the divorce petition and matter is proceeded exparte, the case can be decided in shortest time of few days by the family court No need for filing divorce by mutual consent with help of your wife who may always withdraw her consent for divorce that further delay the process of divorce. As far condoning waiting time period of 6 months in divorce by mutual consent that is not legally possible at family court level only the supreme court can wave off that so don't go by any hanky panky advice.

lostkite   02 June 2016

thanks vijay ji, 

one more question is is there any way i could make the case on fast track? cause i am in need to go abroad?

Dr Katta Venkata Rama Krishna (Retd Sr Director Govt of India/ Advocate)     02 June 2016

1) Waiver of cool off period is with order of SC only which is the fast track.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register