LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

QueryQuery (Unemployed)     24 May 2014

Family property dispute

We have a family property (owned by my grandfather) which is divided between his sons(verbally), post his death. The 7/12 extract of this entire land has names of all his sons who are now the legal heirs. Out of the total 5 brothers, 4 of them have built houses on their share of land, without taking a no objection from my dad (the 5th son). When we started to built the house, these 4 complained to the municipal authorities and CIDCO that we havent taken their permission (my dad has taken CIDCO approval before constructing the house, whereas my uncles have not taken any permission). Due to this the municipal authorities have refused to give us water connection stating that our house is illegal.

My question is if our house is illegal due to which we cannot get the municipal water connection, how are my uncles houses legal and have water connection? Why do we require no objection from these brothers when they havent taken any permission from us and we have never raised any objection when they built the house?

Learning

2 Replies

Mahesh R. Sonawane (Lawyer/Fight for justice)     24 May 2014

Whether the property originally belong to CIDCO.... MEANS WHETHER IT IS PURCHASE FROM CIDCO BY YOUR GRANDFATHER?....

QueryQuery (Unemployed)     25 May 2014

The property was purchased by my Grandfather from a 3rd party. Its not a CIDCO property. We took CIDCO permission to build the house as we wanted to ensure that all legalities are completed. Also, CIDCO is the approving authority when it comes to construction. If we would have not taken the permission, my dad's brothers would have ensured that the house gets knocked down by giving false complaints to municipality.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register