Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gulam   26 September 2017

Family property

Hi,

we have a property in tamilnady ( a home and a small agriculture land) , i am having two sibilings. my father has passed away.

my mother wants to give this property to me. what is the procedure to do the registration . and how much stamp charges will come 

my sibilings also willing to sign the aggreement . 

Learning

7 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     26 September 2017

Your mother can make "GIFT" of the property on which 2% of the value of the property shall be payable. The rate of stamp duty may vary from state to state. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2017

Which personal law applies in your case, say Hindu?

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 September 2017

Apparently, it simple case of inheritance; ‘Intestate Succession’.

The forms/procedure is available in O/o Authority under whose jurisdiction property falls say; MC, and might be on website also.

Usually death certificate, legal heir certificate are basic requirements.

Obtain updated mutation records showing share of Legal heirs, from concerned official e.g. Patwaari.

This gives rights to all legal heirs equal to that of owner.

Thereafter all legal heirs can dispose their share in favor any Co-sharer by a valid/registered deed say; release/relinquishment/gift deed.

The fee and charges is state subject and may be waived off/negligible amongst relatives/blood relation.

Inquire from local SRO, senior deed writer that have copies of latest notifications.

Submit copy of the deed to concerned official e.g. Patwaari.

Obtain updated mutation records showing share of Legal heirs transferred in your name.

Gulam   27 September 2017

Thank you sir

Gulam   27 September 2017

i am a muslim

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 September 2017

Visit O/o Authority to record inheritance per personal laws that are applicable to your sect/sub-sect.

Usually there is negligible fee, however per precedence’s at your location/state, check locally.

Obtain updated mutation records.

Your mother may dispose her share by any valid deed say; gift to the extent as applicable per personal laws that are applicable to your sect/sub-sect, in anyone’s favor.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 September 2017

You are welcome.................

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register