LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rachel   29 January 2016

Family property

Hello, My father passed away and me and my 2 brothers are the legal heirs to his property. Now one of my brother and me would like to sell the property,but the other brother refuse to sell the property and neither is he willing to pay us our shares. Both my brothers are living on the property. My father did not have a will and this property is in Kerala, what are our legal rights if one of my brother is refusing to sell and the two of us want to sell it. Thanks

Learning

2 Replies

m.kameswaran (student)     29 January 2016

if there is no will or still it is in your father's name and undivided property,

then all of u including your mother(if alive) sisters if any and u all brothers and  if any deceased brother or sister's legal heirs,are legal heirs. now one of ur brother refusing to sell.

so u have to file a partition suit by adding all  mentioned above against u. then only u can get ur share  through court and sell.it will take time. better u contact lawyer nearby u.

meet (student)     31 January 2016

sir if she is file a suet in court so how many time court will take...is there any maximum limite??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register