LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashanth (Engineer)     30 April 2014

Family property

My grandfather has 5 sons and 1 daughter. Few properties were bought from his earnings. few properties have been inherited from his father in law. my grandfather(still alive) has written his will and i am not sure whats written in that but i am sure he would not have divided  equally among his 6 children. 

my question is 

1) Even after his will is written, is there any possibility to get equal paritions for 6 people

2) does that daughter have equal rights in her father's property. she got married 20-25 years back.

3) Few properties have already been transferred to his 2 children with witness signatures from my father. is there any possibility to claim equal rights in those properties?

4) In case this dipute goes to court what would be the approximate time to get verdict?

5) is there any law that fathers property has to be qually divided among his children even when the will written by him states otherwise?

Learning

3 Replies

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     30 April 2014

Dear Prashant, Following settled law will reply all your above queries:+ A] The ancestral property must be equally divided irrespective of married sisters, among all siblings. B] The property acquired by your grand-father on his own, he has every right to give any of your brother or sisters partly or exclusively as he might have more affection towards him/her. C] So also about your father's property, if acquired OR purchased by him but not ancestral one. ADV. JEEVAN PATIL

Dear Prashant, Following settled law will reply all your above queries:+ A] The ancestral property must be equally divided irrespective of married sisters, among all siblings. B] The property acquired by your grand-father on his own, he has every right to give any of your brother or sisters partly or exclusively as he might have more affection towards him/her. C] So also about your father's property, if acquired OR purchased by him but not ancestral one. ADV. JEEVAN PATIL

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register