LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N Omprakash   10 July 2019

Family issues

Sir/s, In a case - Wife filed Judicial separations and child custody case, and Pending the process she filed Maintenance under Hindu Marrirage Act. Questions (1) Is that possible to get maintenance (2) She is still living with husband in the same residence (3) While this is so, whether husband can file for Divorce.

Learning

6 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     10 July 2019

If your husband is not maintaning you and your children in that case you can file maintenance application. 

Thank you,sir. Here, the wife filed petition for judicial separation and child custody. And, pending finality of the case filed anitherb I.A. for maintenance. Case just started, first hearing for maintenance on 10th July 2019.whereas petition for separation on 13th Nov.2019. Sir, My query was whether husband can file for divorce now. Thank you.

Thank you,sir. Here, the wife filed petition for judicial separation and child custody. And, pending finality of the case filed anitherb I.A. for maintenance. Case just started, first hearing for maintenance on 10th July 2019.whereas petition for separation on 13th Nov.2019. Sir, My query was whether husband can file for divorce now. Thank you.

Wife and child continuing to stay with husband.

Sorry for confusion, it is inadvertent. I have raised query for expert's opinion. ~ Omprakash

N Omprakash   11 July 2019

Thank you, sir

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register