LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.R RAJENDRA KUMAR (PROFESSOR)     02 June 2018

Family Tree and Death Certificate

My mother died in 2010 and her death was not registered at BBMP. My father expired on 19th Aug, 2017. Know I want to transfer khata from my late father's name to my name. Currently a case is filed in magistrate court to give decree for registration of death and it will definitely take some time.
My question is:

1. Can I start process for making family tree certificate without my mother's name and later can I include her name?

2. How long it will take to get judgement from court, for Issue of death certificate? What is the approximate time period?

Learning

4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 June 2018

Which personal law applies in your case?

Or are you all Hindu?

Who was 1st title holder/owner of said property(ies) amongst your forefathers on property in question ;Paternal, Maternal side?

Probably your father was title holder/owner of the said property.

Was IT self acquired/earned in the hands of 1st title holder/owner?

Have the deceased owner say your father left any valid WILL?

Confirm!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 June 2018

Family tree certificate shall include names of all legal heirs of deceased owner e.g; Mother (if alive as on date of death), Wife (if alive as on date of death), sons and daughters including predeceased sons, daughters…

You must not conceal any names and submit full facts..

GO thru the forms and annexure required for issuing said certificate. If you wish you may attach in this thread..

The time to be taken in court matter can be opined by your LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in such/civil matters and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt… and you may discuss in person.

V.R RAJENDRA KUMAR (PROFESSOR)     04 June 2018

Kumar Doab sir, This are the details 1.It is self earned property of my father 2. No will written by my father 3. I am a Hindu and my father has two sons.Elder son died in 2010 and currently surviving persons are: My self, my sister in law ie wife of my late elder brother and her 3 sons and I am married with a wife and a son

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 June 2018

If mother and wife of your father were not alive as on date of his death and he had NO daughter then;

Your deceased brother and you share the estate/property fo your father equally.

Yiour deceased brother's share devolves upon His ClassI legal hiers as already explained above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register