LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

garima   12 June 2016

False witness consequences

Dear Experts, Please suggust the consequences of false witness in a criminal case  byPW. Under which sections such witnesses can be nailed in order to maintain justice to right.Thanks in advance.

Learning

9 Replies

Ravi (a)     13 June 2016

I also have this query. in the 498a case being faced by me currently, MIL said she was not examined by police. one more witness in divorce case also mentioned she was never examined. Police never took their signatuers on all 156(3) statements. i really want to punish them who spoiled my life becasue of extortion. Pl help me with your expert opinion.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 June 2016

The practices prevalent in the Courts in our country allows anyone to make a false deposition.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 July 2016

Originally posted by : Ravi
I also have this query. in the 498a case being faced by me currently, MIL said she was not examined by police. one more witness in divorce case also mentioned she was never examined. Police never took their signatuers on all 156(3) statements. i really want to punish them who spoiled my life becasue of extortion. Pl help me with your expert opinion.

You are being advised in several other threads opened by you

Vibha   16 July 2016

I agree with P. Venu. There no effective remedy against false deposition in India. 

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     16 July 2016

Perjury can be filed, but the success of same is dependent on many factors. Most important being "Expedient in the interest of Justice"

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com 

Prasenjit Debnath (Advocate)     02 September 2016

section 340 of crpc can be invoked to punish the persons for giving false evidece and perjury committed during the tril. It can also set into motion after the trial as there is no such limitation given in the section itself i.e 340 crpc. The only factor to be satisfied in court that it is required for the expedient for justice. 

P. Venu (Advocate)     02 September 2016

There are very little case laws on this topic - this aspect speaks volume by itself. 

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     02 September 2016

Originally posted by : Shonee Kapoor
Perjury can be filed, but the success of same is dependent on many factors. Most important being "Expedient in the interest of Justice"

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

www.shoneekapoor.com 

Mr. Shonee Kapoor,

"Expedient in the interest of Justice" - this is not the full paragraph that we should focus, Let's focus the full initial paragraph of CrPC 340

"When, upon an application made to it in this behalf or otherwise, any 

Court is of opinion that it is expedient in the interests of justice that an inquiry should be made into any offence referred to in clause (b) of sub- section (1) of section 195, which appears to have been committed in or in relation to a proceeding in that Court or, as the case may be, in respect of a document produced or given in evidence in a proceeding in that Court, such Court may, after such preliminary inquiry, if any, as it thinks necessary,-"

These two highlighted alternatives we can understand clearly. 

a) Ether application is made by the accused

or

b) Court deem fit.

Hence your highlighted quotes only indicating option (b)

What about option (a) ???

It is said that "half truth is worse than a lie

is not it ?  smiley

https://www.facebook.com/RockySmith4Calcutta/

Rocky Smith (Instructor @ Calcutta (rockysmith4calcutta@gmail.com))     02 September 2016

Originally posted by : P. Venu
The practices prevalent in the Courts in our country allows anyone to make a false deposition.

Agreeing with Mr. P. Venu,

Injustice prevails over justice in the temple of the justice cheeky

https://www.facebook.com/RockySmith4Calcutta/

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register