Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

False information in affidavit

Hi All,

I have a situation here.

One of my friend is currently working in govt hospital in MP and in parallel he is doing higher education (M.Sc) as non attending student from a private college (registered to govt university).

Civil hospital had a condition while offering the job that you can opt for higher education once you complete 5 years of service, but starting 2nd year itself he has started M.sc. as non attending student in this private college.

Now the problem is this private college is asking for submitting a affidavit which states that "he does not work any where since 2 years", but the fact is that this person is working in the civil hospital since 3 years.

My questions to expert is that:

1. What is the best way that this person can continue to do M Sc and work in the govt hospital.

2. Can he submit this affidavit with false information in It and what could be the consequences if the person submit affidavit with wrong information in it.

Any advice would be very helpful to me.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 April 2014

Because affidavits are statements of truth, sworn to in writing, a person who knowingly completes an affidavit containing false information can be found in contempt. The penalties can be anything from fines to jail time. Depending upon what damages their false statement produces, they can also be taken to civil court and sued for the losses they caused another to incur.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2014

I will further add that Govt servant is required to maintain absolute integrity even in private life. So such affidavit besides other conseqeunces can also be cause of disciplinary action.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2014

repeated

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/False-information-in-affidavit-education-468006.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register