LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

False cheque withdrawal

I am govt. officer, I have not uploaded my specimen sign to one of the govt a/c, after 1-2 yrs I got that someone is withdrawing money from that a/c by using my false sign.

Immediately, I checked with bank computers..its showing older a/c holders, I took its printout through RTI.

But bank is saying "sign are matching & we have your specimen sign changing application"

Through RTI, I got that someone is doing my duplicate sign.

IF I AM NOT A/C HOLDER ACCORDING TO COMP SYS THEN HOW BANK CAN PASS CHEQUES OF MY DUPLIUCATE SIGN ? HOW ARE THEY MATCHING MY SIGN WHICH IS NOT PRESENT IN COMP SYS?

SUPPOSE I DID APPLICATION TO CHANGE SPECIMEN SIGN, THEN WHY BANK HAS NOT UPLOADED ALL DATA IN COMP SYS UPTO 1YR ?

will you please suggest/give link of RBI ACT/Banking ACT ?

Learning

20 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     27 September 2014

File your  complaint to your banker, RBI, Ombudsman Banking and local police. You may seek assistance/ services of a local lawyer.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista 9891152939

File your  complaint to your banker, RBI, Ombudsman Banking and local police. You may seek assistance/ services of a local lawyer.

First thanks for reply.

Yes, I did it, but I had just make complaint to police, bank, Commissioner.

After that no investigation was done by police. After one month, I got transfer...during that new officer registered police FIR against me...

I have not given specimen sign to bank, bank comp sys also showing older a/c holder's data....

one of the my staff member has involved in that.

BANK SAYING THAT WE HAVE YOUR SPECIMEN SIGN ON PAPERS, BUT NOT UPLOADED IN COMP SYS. IF THEY GOT APPLICATION TO CHANGE SPECIMEN SIGN THEN WHY BANK HAS NOT UPLOADED DATA IN COMP SYS UPTO 1YR ? IF SPECIMEN SIGN NOT PRESENT IN COMP SYS THEN HOW THEY CAN PASS CHEQUES OF MY FALSE SIGN ?

I am searching on net for banking/RBI Acts but I am not getting such info related bank comp system rules.

someone please suggest, if they have any idea about such banking/RBI Act & which will help me.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     27 September 2014

Dear Querist

you may file a consumer court complaint against the bank and claim your damages, apart from this you may file a criminal complaint against the person who withdraw the money from your account.

the bank is responsible to pay the lose and compensation too.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Dr J C Vashista 9891152939

Bank has also clear the cheques of my false sign (including amount more than 50,000),

IF AMOUNT MORE THAN 50,000 THEN BANK SHOULD DEMAND FOR PAN NUMBER....

BUT BANK DID NOT DEMAND ANY KIND OF IDENTITY DURING CLEARENCE OF SUCH CHEQUES...

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Nadeem Qureshi 9953809956

Dear Querist

you may file a consumer court complaint against the bank and claim your damages, apart from this you may file a criminal complaint against the person who withdraw the money from your account.

the bank is responsible to pay the lose and compensation too.

First thanks for reply.

Yes, I did it, but I had just make complaint to police, bank, Commissioner.

After that no investigation was done by police. After one month, I got transfer...during that new officer registered police FIR against me...

I have not given specimen sign to bank, bank comp sys also showing older a/c holder's data....

one of the my staff member has involved in that.

BANK SAYING THAT WE HAVE YOUR SPECIMEN SIGN ON PAPERS, BUT NOT UPLOADED IN COMP SYS. IF THEY GOT APPLICATION TO CHANGE SPECIMEN SIGN THEN WHY BANK HAS NOT UPLOADED DATA IN COMP SYS UPTO 1YR ? IF SPECIMEN SIGN NOT PRESENT IN COMP SYS THEN HOW THEY CAN PASS CHEQUES OF MY FALSE SIGN ?

I am searching on net for banking/RBI Acts but I am not getting such info related bank comp system rules.

someone please suggest, if they have any idea about such banking/RBI Act & which will help me.

Bank has also clear the cheques of my false sign (including amount more than 50,000),

IF AMOUNT MORE THAN 50,000 THEN BANK SHOULD DEMAND FOR PAN NUMBER....

BUT BANK DID NOT DEMAND ANY KIND OF IDENTITY DURING CLEARENCE OF SUCH CHEQUES...

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     27 September 2014

When you wish to file a query, you have to provide complete details and information and not in pieces.

Whether the account is Individual or in your capacity as cheque drawing officer from Govt., that is the first detail one requires.

The second thing is obtaining a copy of your signature against which cheques were passed and then sending it for truth labs with a handwritten letter by you, and to obtain confirmation from them, that it is not your handwriting or signature.

The third thing you have to do is who can hold those cheques in custody.

You are pointing out finger only at Banker, and uploading signature on computer is just a formality, and  Banker may state that he has verified  physical signature.

Have you even now directed Banker to stop further payments in the account ? Now that the case is before Banking Ombudsman, please prepare for your defense instead of going for counters.

Have you through RTI sought for CC Camera footing on that day of payment of cheques or on the date of your purported change of signature dates ?

Have you sought copy of such cheques paid to identify the person who received payment as handwriting experts can find the real culprits ?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad

When you wish to file a query, you have to provide complete details and information and not in pieces.

Whether the account is Individual or in your capacity as cheque drawing officer from Govt., that is the first detail one requires.

The second thing is obtaining a copy of your signature against which cheques were passed and then sending it for truth labs with a handwritten letter by you, and to obtain confirmation from them, that it is not your handwriting or signature.

You are pointing out finger only at Banker, and uploading signature on computer is just a formality, and  Banker may state that he has verified  physical signature.

Have you even now directed Banker to stop further payments in the account ? Now that the case is before Banking Ombudsman, please prepare for your defense instead of going for counters.

Have you through RTI sought for CC Camera footing on that day of payment of cheques or on the date of your purported change of signature dates ?

Have you sought copy of such cheques paid to identify the person who received payment as handwriting experts can find the real culprits ?

Thanks for reply,

When I asked to some local lawyers, they told to me that handwriting checking only can happen through the police/court, there is no value of handwriting check from our side.

Can you please tell me about govt handwriting checking centers & process for it ?

If I will go from my side to check handwriting through the govt handwriting checking centers,

WILL THAT CENTER CHECK MY HANDWRITING ? IF YES, THEN COURT WILL ACCEPT THAT ?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : G.L.N. Prasad

Yes, I request for CCTV footage, but bank told me that "NOT AVAILABEL, WE ONLY MAINTAIN CCTV RECORD UPTO 15 DAYS, OLDER RECORD VANISH AUTOMATICALLY"

Is there any RBI Act for bank cctv record maintainance ? Maximum time limit to hold cctv record ?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 September 2014

There are several ingenious ways and approved method of checking hand writing.

1.Normally scan the document, both with original handwriting and suspected, in one document, reverse the document, maginify in your computer to the maximum extent and study the reverse.

2.The approved method is consulting TRUTH LABS, Hyd and they charge minimum of Rs.5,000/- (This is an approved lab with good standing and particulars can be sought through e mail, search their websight)

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2014

You have not answered to the valuable and important questions raised by Mr. Prasad namely,  under whose custody the the forged cheques were ;, Have you even now directed Banker to stop further payments in the account; Have you sought copy of such cheques paid to identify the person who received payment as handwriting experts can find the real culprits ?Whether the account is Individual or in your capacity as cheque drawing officer from Govt.,

Besides above, is there any action from the office side for misusing the cheque/embezzlement against you?Where were you on that day when the cheque was presented with the bankers for collection, on duty or not? You may answer all these questions if you are really interested in getting a proper answer/opinion to your query.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 October 2014

When I asked to some local lawyers, they told to me that handwriting checking only can happen through the police/court, there is no value of handwriting check from our side.

Police will recover original cheque from bank and snd it for forensic examination alongiwth your speciment signature to be obtained by police.  If it is a Govt abnk suchaction can be done by the Vigilance deptt of the bank if they know procedure.

Can you please tell me about govt handwriting checking centers & process for it ?

Police knows

If I will go from my side to check handwriting through the govt handwriting checking centers,

You do not hav eth eoriginal cheque without which no expert will give opinion.

WILL THAT CENTER CHECK MY HANDWRITING ?

What verification do you think is possible without your specimen handwritingand signature.  Forensic experts are not tantriks

IF YES, THEN COURT WILL ACCEPT THAT ?

What else for is the expert opinion taken.

As rightly observed by Mr Kalaiselvan you have not yet replied points raised by Mr Prasad.

search website of CFSL

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     03 October 2014

Please read earlier replies, Truth Labs is an approved expert at Hyderabad.  Kindly e mail to them and send those specimens with fees which must be more than Rs.10,000/-

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register