LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Akash Malhotra (NA)     05 February 2018

False Maintanance/dv and divorce-2 months of marriage

My wife has filled False maintanace and DV, Dowry cases on me. Then i have filled Divorce case. Now after 2 years Divorce case is transferred to Wife's will place. ALso, i was payng interim Maintance of Rs 7k to wife. Now, I have expenses of my parents and my younger brother. But court says that parents get pension and brother cannot be dependent after 30 years , so yoy have to pay 1/3rd of maintance to your wife. Also, wife says she will not give divorce as well.

My questions:

1. Is there any way to lesser the maintanace.

2. How can i get divorce, i have filled divorce 3 years back on the ground of cuelty and i am living separate from 5 yeasr now.

But Divorce case was pending in Supreme court for 2 years fo location preference . Now it has transfeered.We lived together only for 2 months after mrriage.

Please help me to tell the forward path .

Thanks

Learning

5 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     05 February 2018

Dark path ahead for you. Offer get good amount of permanent alimony and maintenance for final settlement amount and make her agree for divorce by mutual consent. If not working out in this manner, many years of divorce case and no guarantee that it will come to you.

(Guest)

Dont be disheartened by above words.

There is every option in Law. You just need good advocate who can get you out of this mess. You can contact me via PM.

(Guest)

There is every option in Law. You just need good advocate who can get you out of this mess. You can contact me via PM.

(Guest)

(Guest)
Yeah yeah... "good advocate"...please contact....you'll know how "good" in future.. Why she doesn't want to give divorce? Do you have kids? If not, only reason can be disagreement over alimony. Choice might be yours. Life or money; which to lose. Good luck.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register