LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

False 498a cases vs. true cases

As per yearly statistics, what can be the ratio between the false and true 498a cases after introduction of the sec.498a?

From where the statistical information can be had on the said issue?

Learning

6 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     30 September 2012

Originally posted by : PS Dhingra, dcgroup1962@gmail.
  As per yearly statistics, what can be the ratio between the false and true 498a cases after introduction of the sec.498a?
From where the statistical information can be had on the said issue?

Being a Principal Consultant r/w an Expert here in LCI, suggested rephrasing your question without using words “true”“false” I may then reply in details to your question.

Reasoning:

In Matrimonial matters relating to IPC, pronouncements are either "acquittal" or "conviction" and not as “true”“false” for official purposes and based on either of these two pronouncements of a Court various region wise statistics gets made annually by particular Concerned Authorities whose Head Office is very much located in New Delhi which may also include various pictorial / chart as statistical representations.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     30 September 2012

The ratio of false reporting cannot be sole criteria for condeming the law.

This law will loose relevance when educated and law abiding citizens are not forced to undergo costly illegal s*x determination test (though never doing a crime otherwise) and commit female foreticide by spending huge amount (more than cost of delivery).

This law shall then have to be repealed before female foeticide is replaced by male foeticide.

On the contrary the law need to be more stringent. It should be cognizable so that the police does not have to wait for formal complaint of victim and should be able to act on infromation by neighbours.

andz (clerk)     02 October 2012

Hi, i think may be you can try on https://www.indlii.org and also file an RTI seeking the specific information as per the guidelines sugested by Tajob . . . . regards anand

andz (clerk)     02 October 2012

sir my apologies the above mentioned is a stupid site instead i mean to type the law min site . . . lawmin.nic.in please check this site instead . . . inconvenience regretted . . . . regards anand

ragz hyder (PM)     04 October 2012

This was another interesting site. See this doc. While it does not directly address it gives very pertinent info for 2009 

https://ncrb.nic.in/CII%202009/cii-2009/Table%2012.12.pdf

under cruelty to husband you can see

762,425 cases registers

643,820 are pending

100,453 completed

Convicted to Trials completed was 21%

Convited to Total Trials 2.7%

andz (clerk)     04 October 2012

@ragz- tha's impressive . . . anand

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register