LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

amrik.mehra (officer)     09 September 2014

Fake gold bill 498a

My father in law appeared in the court and submitted  20 tola bill of Gold which was given to me the time of my marriage. The bill is fake. As they have never given 20 tola gold to me and my family members. Photos of my marriage are avilable with me which clearly shows that they have not given Gold rings etc to my relatives.

While cross examination with my Advocate, my Father in Law admitted that they have given bill Gold bills to Police at the time of investigation. However the bill is missing in the file.

For other dowry article he has not given any bills and  said in his statement that the original bills were given to my father at the time of marriage.Bills are also missing in court files.

My Father in law has retired in 1995 and had got 2.50 lacs as retirement amount. At the time of my marriage his son was employed as Government teacher. My Father in law is not gettting any pension and his other income is also NIL. 

AS per his statement they have incurred around 3.00 Lacs at the time of marriage. Gold cost is extra. 

No amount for Gold value is mentioned in the bill. Bill does not carry any VAT or TIN number. 

Kindly guide me.

Learning

1 Replies

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     10 September 2014

Show all these contradictions in his cross-examination and also during your final arguments. Consider examining the goldsmith from whom the gold was bought, to see whether he has actually sold the gold, whether he has made entries in his books of accounts. Ask where did the father in law got money. Examine some relatives who were present in marriage to prove that no such gold was given.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register