LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vivek (SW Engineer)     18 September 2014

Fake 498a and bail

Hi experts i have few doubts regarding a fake 498a case filed against me and my family by my wife.

1. The case was filed in June this year and the police took our statements. We got the anticipatory bail and no time limit is mentioned in the bail and also the only condition said in that was that we should not threaten the petitioners. The police is yet to send the charge sheet and my advocate said that we have to take regular bail once the charge sheet is send to the court. But one of my friend who faced similar case told me that there is no need to get the regular bail and the anticipatory bail will be valid till the case is over. Should i go for regular bail also ?

2. I am working abroad and has to go next month. As nothing is mentioned about travelling abroad in my bail should i travel without any permission from the court and also is my presence mandatory when the hearing begins ?

3. The police officer called me and said that he can do whatever possible for making the charge sheet weak so that it will be very easy for me to win the case. Can a police officer do like that ? Is the things mentioned in the charge sheet be vital for winning or loosing a case ?

4. My brother is working abroad and he is the fourth accused in this case, As he is not here AB is not taken for him. He will be back only next year. So will he be arrested once he is back and is there any issues if he does not attend the court for hearing ?

Thanks and please give your valuable suggestions.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register