Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhay (accountant)     10 July 2013

Facebook id

Dear sirs,

I want your opinion. Actually one of my friend having dispute with his wife. His wife registered a false case of Section 498A and 406 against him and his family members. Being upset from this, one cousin of my friend created a face book id of his wife and put words like "My father and my brother ruined my life", "my husband wanted to divorce me due to cruelty casued on my husband".  When the girl came to know then she registered a FIR against my cousin under section 66A and 66D of Information technology act and 500 and 506 of IPC. I want to know that what will be the result of this case? what can be the punishment to my friend??

Regards

Abhay

Learning

4 Replies

Q Slinger (NA)     10 July 2013

What exactly did he put on the facebook account he created? Did he post her picture as the profile picture? Did he use her name as well as your friends name? Did he send her messages from that account? How did she know about the fake account?

abhay (accountant)     11 July 2013

What exactly did he put on the facebook account he created?

He has mentioned comments from his wife side for his father and brother. comments like his fater business and brother business. comments like my father and brother ruined my life by harassing my husband. My husband filed divorce case. 

Did he post her picture as the profile picture?

Yes, her picture was posted as profile picture.

Did he use her name as well as your friends name?

Yes, her name was used in profile.

Did he send her messages from that account?

No, from that id, no message was sent to her but to some other local people. 

How did she know about the fake account? 

Actually some freind of his wife came to know about id and told his wife.

Q Slinger (NA)     11 July 2013

Contact a good lawyer who is actually familier with IT act and proceed from there. To prove it in court that he was the one who created the account will take a long time as the court has to get its records from Facebook and then the IP has to be traced back to your friend. 

In all, get a lawyer and  and ask your friend to be quite and not reveal anything about to the case to anyone, including the police. 

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     17 July 2013

The charges under section 66C and 66D of I T Act can be imposed on your cousin since he has created fake profile.Consult CYBER LEGAL CONSULTANT for further advice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register