Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit (Later)     28 November 2014

Extraordinary leave - central govt - query

Sir,

I'm a Central Govt employee, Preventive Officer, Group - B post in CBEC. I have a few queries related to EOL...

After 2 months of joining the service, I took 3 months of EOL to prepare for Civil Services Examination. I joined again after the stipulated time and have since served for 2 more months (that is total 7 months from the joining).

1) Am I eligible to apply again for EOL for 3 months?

2) Under CSS Clause 32(2)(b), Will I be eligible to apply for EOL for 6 months given that by the time my leave ends I would have completed 1 year of service?

3) Can the granting authority deny me leave at will?

4) In case my leave is denied, what recourse can I take?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Ankit (Later)     28 November 2014

Sir, 

I would like to add that I have a probation period of 2 years. So I guess I'm a temporary officer against a permanent post. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 December 2014

Please refer to the leave regulations and rules for probationary officers.  The following extract of leave rules may be ofsome use to you:

Extra-ordinary Leave to Temporary Employee [CCS Leave Rule – 32(2)]
Unless the President, in view of the exceptional circumstances of the case otherwise determines, no Government servant, who is not in permanent employ or quasi-permanent employ, shall be granted extraordinary leave on any one occasion in excess of the following limits:-
(a)        Three months;
(b)        Six months where the Government servant has completed one year’s continuous service on the date of expiry of leave of the kind due and admissible under these rules, including three months’ extraordinary leave under Clause (a) and his request for such leave is supported by a medical certificate as required by these rules;

Further:

Requirement of Bond [CCS Leave Rule – 32(3)]
(a) Where a temporary Government servant is granted extraordinary leave for the purpose of prosecuting studies, shall be required to execute a Bond in Form 6 undertaking to refund to the Government the actual amount of expenditure incurred by the Government during such leave plus that incurred by any other agency with interest thereon in the event of his not returning to duty on the expiry of such leave or quitting the service before a period of three years after return to duty.
(b) The Bond shall be supported by Sureties from two permanent Government servants having a status comparable to or higher than that of the Government servant.

These are the circumstances wherein you can be granted EOL, for further issues, you can consult a senior staff of the department dealing with the establishment/leave/services-personnel, who will be bale to apprise you with more details.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register