Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Reddy Reddy (others)     08 January 2018

Extra page in sale deed

Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a flat in Hyderabad. We have captured all the details of the parties & schedule correctly in 15 pages. So my document has "page 1 of 15" to "page 15 of 15". But the problem is document writter has added another page without my knowledge which has the appartment building photo (which is not exactly my block. this is another block in the same society). I can make it out after receiving the original sale deed.

So to conclude, I have an extra page after the sale deed which is not signed by sub registrar, which is not stamed by SRO and not even signed by seller or buyers. There is no mention to this extra page in the whole sale deed. This extra page is present after page 15 of 15 page in the sale deed. But when I take a Certified copy from SRO, I would see this extra page also being scanned.

1] Will I face any problem in the futrure becaue of this?

2] I think SRO will not entertain rectification also since that page is beyond the last page which is signed/stampled by SRO. 

Learning

4 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     08 January 2018

You will not face any problem, either now or in future, so long as the descripttion of the Flat is correctly mentioned in the sale deed.

Hello Sir. Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, Flat number, floor number, Flat dimensions, directions, borders, buyer and seller names, consideration amount, Flat floor plan and every other detail is correct. I could see them in EC also. My building name is F which is clearly mentioned 4 times in the document. But building photo which is added towards the end of the sale deed is similar to mine which is not exactly mine (but in same appartment society) . People can make it out if they observe clearly. My only doubt is if I want to sell, will the buyer ask why G block photo is added when your flat is present in F block. I wanted to tell him/her that, since that last page is not stamped or signed by Sro, it has no meaning with this sale deed which ended with page 15 of 15 pages. We haven't mentioned about this photo in the whole sale deed. It is added just for information purpose. That's the reason nobody has signed that page.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 January 2018

There may not be any problems in future, as descripttion of the property is clear in contents as well schedule of the property in clear terms.

Does the extra page without any stamp or sign by sub Registrar has any validity in legal point of view? Can that be read as part of sale deed. Or it can be ignored completely.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register