LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soorya   12 August 2016

Extra ordinary leave for preparing for civil service exam

Respected members, I am a All India Service Group-A officer who joined service on Dec 22nd 2014 , whose probation period ends on Dec 22nd 2016. By Dec 22nd 2016 I will have finished all mandatory training like Foundation course , Professional course and On-job-training. I want to appear in 2017 civil service exam , so for serious preparation have decided to take 1 year EOL from January 1st 2017 to January 1st 2018 . 1)Can I apply for EOL in this case ? 2)Who will grant EOL - my state government or Union govt ? 3)Will taking authorized EOL be considered as a break in service ? 4)Will taking EOL affect seniority in cadre ? 5)Will taking EOL affect increment ? 6)Will taking EOL affect state government's contribution to NPS (National Pension System) ? Thank you , waiting for your informed advice.

Learning

15 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     13 August 2016

Read the service rule of central government rule and do it accordingly.

Best of luck for UPSC 2017 examination.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 August 2016

ave decided to take 1 year EOL from January 1st 2017 to January 1st 2018 . 1)Can I apply for EOL in this case ? 2)

YEAS YOU CAN IOF THE CONTROLLING AUTHROITY IS WILLING TO RECOMMEND THIS LEAVE.

Who will grant EOL - my state government or Union govt ?

WHICH AUTHROITY SANCTIONS YOUR EARNED LEAVE FOR ONE DAY.

3)Will taking authorized EOL be considered as a break in service ?

IT DEPENDS UPON THE DISCRETION OF  DISCIPLINARY AUTHORITY THIS PERIOD MAY OR MAY NOT BE BREAK IN SERVICE.

YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE.

iF IT IS UNAUTHRISED IT CANNOT BE EOL.IF IT IS EOL  THEN IT IS AUTHORISED

4)Will taking EOL affect seniority in cadre ?

NO as long as EOL is sanctioned.

5)Will taking EOL affect increment ?

6)Will taking EOL affect state government's contribution to NPS (National Pension System) ?

THE PERIOD WILL NOT COUNT TOWARDS PAY/PENSION/LEAVE CREDIT.

Soorya   18 August 2016

Thank you Sudhir Kumar sir for kindly replying to my queries . Thanks a lot.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     25 March 2017

Originally posted by : Jefferson
There is a facility for government employee to take leave for your higher studies or going for civil examinations this will be treated as loss of pay holidays. You can go through the rule and regulation booklet from rush essay service blog which will give you good idea about the government conditions and regulation in applying leave for your examination.

This facility will not apply here

This is called study leave garnted (upto two years continues/broker period).  This is not at all losss of pay, it is fully paid leae and can be granted only if :-

1. employee is permanent with 5 years of service
  2. atleast three years service remaining after expiry of leave.
  3. he joins a course in any institution (not coaching classes for competitive exam for other posts)
  4. the course is (in the opinion of deptt) certainly useful in enhancing professional excelence, depending upon the post he holds.
  5. with liability to return entire pay and allowances drawn during leave period, if resigning before completion of three years after expiry of last spell.

abishek   07 August 2017

Getting a Civil Service job may be difficult for everyone. Some careless mistakes can even be the reason for not clearing the exam. To avoid some common and achieve your dream you can join a Best IAS Academy in Chennai to enhance your preparation.

whis1972   28 August 2017

Janam Kundli, commonly referred to as Kundli, is something common among Hindu families. We even know a lot of families from other religions who believe that a Kundli is important document for getting insights for one�s future and related actions. JANAM KUNDLI

Janam Kundli, commonly referred to as Kundli, is something common among Hindu families. We even know a lot of families from other religions who believe that a Kundli is important document for getting insights for one�s future and related actions. JANAM KUNDLI

(Guest)

Study leave is not meant for preparation for IAS exam,.

(Guest)
Originally posted by : abishek
Getting a Civil Service job may be difficult for everyone. Some careless mistakes can even be the reason for not clearing the exam. To avoid some common and achieve your dream you can join a Best IAS Academy in Chennai to enhance your preparation.

Don't try to dishearten the fellow. The IAS exam may be difficult for you, but not for everyone, as you have stated. Now a day's it is much easy as compared to the olden days, when comprehensive answers to questions were desired to be given by the paper setters. Now the questions being objective type, it is almost a job of hit & trial, perfect conception and the clear vision of the candidates.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register