LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kedar Kulkarni (Student)     12 June 2016

Expatriates Passport Related Matter

Dear brothers and sisters I am in very urgent and great need of a legal advice. I am posting this question on behalf of my sister. My sister was an Indian Muslim. She had married to Bahraini man as per Islamic rites and had got Bahrain's passport and citizenship. Few years later after the death of her husband she married to another Hindu Indian man. She has a son out of this wedlock. Her second husband already had a legal Hindu Indian wife who stays in India. My sister's son was issued passport at the time of his birth by Indian Embassy Bahrain. 5 years later the passport was renewed also without any problem. However it is expiring in August 2016. Hence, my sister went to Indian Embassy for renewal application. However, her application is reviewed rejected. The reason for rejection was given as her name was not endorsed in her husband's passport. Since her husband is already having a wife in India her name is endorsed in his passport. Hence he cannot add the name of my sister until he gets divorce from his first wife. His first wife already knows about his second marriage with my sister and have no objection on it. However, the Indian Embassy of Bahrain refusing to renew the passport of my nephew as his mother's name is not endorsed in his father's passport. Please can anyone suggest a way out in this situation. My sister's mother is bed ridden in India therefore my sister needs to travel to India with my nephew as early as possible hence, any help on this matter will be great help. Thank you very much in advance. Also please write back to me in case you need any further information from my side.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register