Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     09 December 2009

Exclusion of statements of witness by Police Officer.

What kind of statements falls under Clause (III) of section 207 for exclusion by the Police Officer? under sub section (6) of section 173  of the CrPc?

Learning

4 Replies

Anish goyal (Advocate)     09 December 2009

Nice question again assumi sir. I think this answer to this question depend upon the facts of each case. I know this is not the concreat answer. Let's wait a complete answer by other learned members.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 December 2009

Thank you Anil, but honestly speaking I dont understand this sub section (6) of section 173 of the CrPc, and this has been agitating my mind from a long time, but could recollect only this evening. Hope other members can clarified the matter.

Chiragkumar Pipalia (Advocate)     11 December 2009

During investigation police records statements of persons who have knowledge about the incident, some statements are such that police do not think supportive or of use to place in chargesheet but it keeps in record only.So this papers are not available to accussed as I understood.

Anish goyal (Advocate)     11 December 2009

Chirag sir i don't agree with you. Statement under Section 173(6) are which r mentioned under section 173(5) i.e. Statements of the person whom the prosecution proposes to examine as its witnesses.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register