Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh Kandala (SR.ACCOUNTS OFFICER)     18 April 2012

Excise registration

Dear Sirs,

I am running a manufacturing unit of refractory bricks industry , it is having turnover of Rs.80.00 lakhs per annum. the final product is also excise free. my question is whether i have to register my industry with excise department.
 if i have to get excise registration, what is the procedure and what the documents to be submiited.

kindly treat this as most urgent.

Regards

Ramesh.Kandala

Learning

5 Replies

dinesh (executive)     20 May 2012

dear sir,

in a case, for our organization turnover in the first year FY 09-10 was 60 lakh, FY 10-11 was 1.3 crore and FY 11-12 it is 1.8 crore. we failed to intimate to excise or to do registration with excise. we have not taken excise from customer either. is there any duty liability with this and will it come with some penalty. kindly guide us.what to do now for excise registration.

Ramesh Chandra Verma (advocate)     04 December 2012

Excise Registration is not required upto the clearances of Rs. 1.5 Crores in a Financial Year, but a declarationh is required to be filed after reaching a turnover of Rs. 90 lakhs in a financial year.

R C Verma

advrcverma@gmail.com.

Amitava Chatterjee (Superintendent Central Excise)     10 December 2012

Registration is definetly required. plus although you have not charged or collected excise duty, the liability to pay duty is yours. excise registration is simple, log on to www.cbec.gov.in and go to the aces portal... the rest will be easy.

Amitava Chatterjee (Superintendent Central Excise)     10 December 2012

Originally posted by : Ramesh Kandala

Dear Sirs,

I am running a manufacturing unit of refractory bricks industry , it is having turnover of Rs.80.00 lakhs per annum. the final product is also excise free. my question is whether i have to register my industry with excise department.
 if i have to get excise registration, what is the procedure and what the documents to be submiited.

kindly treat this as most urgent.

Regards

Ramesh.Kandala

plain reading of your statement reveal that you do not require excise registration.. however to get a specific reply more details are required.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register