LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Surbhi Jain   30 January 2019

Ex-tenant not paid water bill

I had tenanted my commercial property in Delhi 2 years back. That time the tenant told us that water bill is not generated in Delhi due to new rule by Arvind Kejriwal. I did not doubt him. Now, I have got the pending water bill from that time amounting to Rs. 50,000 approx. and got to know he was telling a lie and the water bill is generated for commercial property. Now, he is denying to pay the same saying "he used very little water". What can I do?

Learning

7 Replies

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     31 January 2019

Is he still occupying the premises,still your tenant ?

Anyway can you get the bills seperately for the premises during the time your tenant used the building,yes you can get reading breakup from water works depoartment.You must be having a Rent deed ,and in that there is always mentioned that during the occupation of premises the tenant shall pay water,electricity and other taxs. Just get the proof for bills that they petain to the period for which your tenant was occupying the premises.Still after that you can file a suit only .It is better keep vigil over such matters that too while dealing with such dishonest persons. 
Hope replied you..

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     31 January 2019

Contact a local advocate and issue such notices as per his advice as the tenant is a litigant and to fix him on various documents in your possession.

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     31 January 2019

I agree with Bilal U Gani. You may follow the advice.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     31 January 2019

Thanks SIr

You are welcome Bilal U Ganijee

You are welcome Bilal U Ganijee

P. Venu (Advocate)     01 February 2019

The only remedy appears to be in adopting a legal action. As the first step, you may serve  legal notice, after getting the documents as suggested by learned expert Shri Bilal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register