Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mahavir Jangir (Astt Manager)     28 April 2013

Ex-serviceman query

Dear Sir
I have few lines for you valuable advice if can please spare your valuable time...

Sir I an ex JWO retired from Air force on 06 Sep 2010 and joined Baroda Rajasthan Gramin Bank as PO on 09 Sep 2010 after availing age relaxation but no reservation as threre is no reservation in officer cadre. I have applied for pay Protection in the Bank but I am being denied the pay Protetion on the basis of that I have not joined the Bank against vacancy reserved for ex-serviceman so I am not eligible for ex-serviceman benefit. Now for better career opportunity I applied for PO in PSU Banks through IBPS and Through the selection process I was successfull and allotted Oriental Bank of Commerce as per my Ranking and choise and I received appointment letter from OBC.I servered notice to BRGB after getting appointment letter and As I was working, I approached the OBC personally for extention for two months. From there I received communication that as I have already joined civil side after retirement I am not eligible for age relaxation of five years as admissible to ex-service man and my status of ex service-man is to be consired ceased.
Sir Neither in my present job I have availed any benefit of ex-serviceman nor I am asking from OBC except age relaxation.I dont know how they are mis interpratationg the issue.even in notification of recuitmnet it is mentioned and clarified that if an Ex-Servicemen candidates who have already secured employment under the Central Government in Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ will be permitted the benefit of age relaxation as prescribed for Ex-Servicemen for securing another employment in a higher grade or cadre in Group ‘C’/ ‘D’ under the Central Government. However, such candidates will not be eligible for the benefit of reservation for Ex-Servicemen in Central Government jobs. But In case of Group 'A' and 'B' nothing is clearified. It may be because of as there is no reservation for the post of group 'A' and 'B' in Government Job. But once age relaxation is permitted in Group 'C' & 'D' it is obivious that same rules apply for Group 'A' & 'B' post. And most important that  I have not hidden any thing in my application my documents were varified at the time of interview by IBPS and the basis of all I was finally declared selected for PO and alloted OBC.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register