Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Siddique (OWNER)     26 January 2018

Ex-mil tresspassed into my house, how to evict her ?

Dear Experts,

I have been "Islamically" divorced around 8 months back. Ex-Wife continues to stay in my house (in my name). Negotiations & settlement process was going-on but getting failed one after another due to her exorbitant expectations beyond my capacity. Few days back, she brought her mother to my house without my knowledge & prior consent/intimation. Ex-MIL has a reputation of being extremely abusive & useing foul language in feuds. In one such incident in my house (triggered by ex-MIL), she again used massive abusive & extreme filthy language which I fortunately recorded on my mobile. 

Both of them have also threatened me with dire consequences & dared me to remove ex-MIL from the house which legally belongs to me.Now, I fear for my life as the ex-wife has a habit of picking up kitchen knife to attack me during the altercations (NCs lodged). I have also lodged a NC with the local police station regarding unauthorised entry of ex-MIL in my house but they are reluctant to talk the MIL to get her out of my house & advise me to go to the court & get the order of her eviction (court process is a long drawn process & I don't have time & patience for it at the moment.)

I'm facing extreme stress due to all this & I fear untoward incident anytime going forward. Kindly guide me as what I can do to evict the ex-MIL out of my house at earliest. She has clearly tresspassed into my house. We are not on talking terms so discussions is out-of-question.

Any lawyer in South Mumbai who can help & guide me getting the ex-MIL evicted from my house, if so, please message me at earliest; it would be highly appreciated. I'm totally frustrated & depressed & I have no idea as what might happen next.

Kindly treat this as an emergency please.

Thanks.

Learning

38 Replies

(Guest)

Mr. Siddique,

Please file an FIR against your wife & her MIL for house trespass & criminal intimidation. As this is a private offense, At the same time, file a concurrent DV application before your local area JMFC. You will easily get copy of Form-II from your local police station. Select the 'physical domestic violence' option, when filling up the form, as its contents apply to you. 

Your being 'Islamically' divorced makes it easier, assuming that you were divorced on statutory grounds of cruelty. 

Regards the evidence aspect, file an applicaton before the local area JM to direct the FSL laboratories to extract the evidence you suggest to back your case (i.e. voice recordings). Get these recordings certified from the Competent Authority u/Sec. 65B of Evidence Act. Only then will you have relevant evidence in your favour suitable for admission before the court.

For further queries, you may contact me at basu_kunal@hotmail.com. I will be more than happy to advise you.

Regards

Advocate Kaybee

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 January 2018

If you wish to search in LCI databank you can search at;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/lawyers_search/

Or visit LOCAL courts complex and inquire in person.

Prepare list of top; say 5 senior very able counsels of unshakable repute n integrity specializing in such/civil matters and having successful track record.

And chose yourself…

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 January 2018

You can also benefit from the post of Mr. KayBee

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Siddique
Dear Experts,

I have been "Islamically" divorced around 8 months back. Ex-Wife continues to stay in my house (in my name). Negotiations & settlement process was going-on but getting failed one after another due to her exorbitant expectations beyond my capacity. Few days back, she brought her mother to my house without my knowledge & prior consent/intimation. Ex-MIL has a reputation of being extremely abusive & useing foul language in feuds. In one such incident in my house (triggered by ex-MIL), she again used massive abusive & extreme filthy language which I fortunately recorded on my mobile. 

Both of them have also threatened me with dire consequences & dared me to remove ex-MIL from the house which legally belongs to me.Now, I fear for my life as the ex-wife has a habit of picking up kitchen knife to attack me during the altercations (NCs lodged). I have also lodged a NC with the local police station regarding unauthorised entry of ex-MIL in my house but they are reluctant to talk the MIL to get her out of my house & advise me to go to the court & get the order of her eviction (court process is a long drawn process & I don't have time & patience for it at the moment.)

I'm facing extreme stress due to all this & I fear untoward incident anytime going forward. Kindly guide me as what I can do to evict the ex-MIL out of my house at earliest. She has clearly tresspassed into my house. We are not on talking terms so discussions is out-of-question.

Any lawyer in South Mumbai who can help & guide me getting the ex-MIL evicted from my house, if so, please message me at earliest; it would be highly appreciated. I'm totally frustrated & depressed & I have no idea as what might happen next.

Thanks.

I think iska lukkha chuppi bohot din se chal raha he. Aur issne 8 months back talaq talaq boldi when matter of talaq was going on in HON SC.

Now first thing whether your talaq is qualified according to law should be ascertained.  Has conciliation happened? Were there your parents and her parents and elders involved in conciliation to patch up husband and wife.
If that is legal talaq then only you can drive out your wife and your MIL.
If your talaq is invalid, then you will be on wrong side for simply angrying your MIL.
Simply giving written complaint to police wont help.
Supporting evidence should be there, video, audio recording should be there to support your statements.
Only then your complaint will hold good.
Or else you will simply dig your own grave.

By the way all above advices are wrong. They simply gave some advice that they think is correct.
Mohhamedan law is not easy subject.  Divorce in muslims is not a simple thing now as it was earlier.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

I think iska lukkha chuppi bohot din se chal raha he. Aur issne 8 months back talaq talaq boldi when matter of talaq was going on in HON SC.

Now first thing whether your talaq is qualified according to law should be ascertained.  Has conciliation happened? Were there your parents and her parents and elders involved in conciliation to patch up husband and wife.
If your talaq is invalid, then you will be on wrong side for simply angrying your MIL.
Supporting evidence should be there, video, audio recording should be there to support your statements.

By the way all above advices are wrong. They simply gave some advice that they think is correct.
Mohhamedan law is not easy subject.  Divorce in muslims is not a simple thing now as it was earlier.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

(Guest)
Dear Experts,

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register