LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sachin (GM)     28 February 2018

Evidence of ip address of fraudulent / false email

I was provided fraudulent and false Statements by personal email by stock broker that was traced by Cyber crime department and it is established that they were sent from official Company’s IP address only. I know that IP address is more than sufficient to prove fraud “beyond reasonable doubt”.  IP is like finger print that has been caught from the crime scene. However

Police has filed closure report (owing to corruption ) stating that the company used to give open acess to its clients to do trading and any person can sent it who may not be from company. And company is not responsible for such personal email id. I am heavily relying on this evidence that has been not considered by police. What should be my defence statement and action plan now?

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     28 February 2018

First get facts through cyber experts, as activity record can not be destroyed in hard disk.  Then contact advocate and file police complaint for confiscating hard disk .  There must be a vistors' record or register as to who visited and traded on that day, if not allowing such use is not proper.  On the basis of the visitor's list, you can make inquiries.  I am afraid that a common man can not do all this.  If the amount is not substantial just forget it like a loss in speculation.

sachin (GM)     28 February 2018

They are not providing Hard disk that is available with them. Already matter is being examined by Police cyber crime and it is established that fraud mails  were sent from official Company’s IP address only. The entire life savings have been fraudulently looted in the scam.

I am not able to understand how a personal company can give a public acess to their web? If Banks also state same thing what will be the security and safety of  invesors? Can a Bank / Securities Broker be allowed  (on the pretext of giving Public acess ) to use such evasive defence  to send Fraud emails?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register