LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohammed (sales manager)     03 March 2014

Eviction of tenant

hi i own a flat in Chennai, Tamilnadu, and i have rented out the flat to a tenant last september 2013, with 11 months agreement.  Presently am staying in dubai.  first 4 months he was paying rent on time. and now for the last 2 months he is not paying the rent. when my brother in chennai went to check the flat, he has sublet to his brother.  and now when i tried to call him he is not answering my call. and neither his brother who is staying in my flat is responding. 

what call i should take if he is refusing to vacate the flat.

Learning

2 Replies

Subash M R (Advocate)     03 March 2014

In agreement it is clearly mentioned that subletting shall not be allowed at any circumstances, you have every right to evict the tenant on that basis but due process of law.

Thanking you,

amitesh (Sr. Executive)     04 March 2014

hi,

I did an 11 month agreement for a rented house. but after 3 months i decided to buy my own flat and given two months notice and told the owner to adjust the security money for the 2 months rent.(secu. money=2months rent) but he refuses to do that. again he told that i have to pay damages in the property. in his view tata sky wire is hanged in the wall by inserting a shoe nail in the wall. 

now my ques: is the above nail insertion is damage to the property. what further action could be taken in this case. Please suggest urgently.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register