LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Madhusudhan (Nil)     15 September 2014

Eviction of tenant

I have moved from Bangalore to Coimbatore to pursue a career in teaching . I have given my house for rent at Bangalore. I met with an accident in Coimbatore and my shaft bone in the forearm got broken . A steel plate was inserted and will remain in my hand forever. I never really recovered  . Unable to concentrate at work due to intermittant  pain I have resigned . I have withdrawn my provident fund to make both ends meet and have no source of income right now as I write . I have 3 dependants My family wants to go back to Bangalore and try and start some business (shop) for liveli hood . Also we are unable to pay the high rents .My aged mother is in need of separate room which I will be able to provide only at my own house 

I had been asking my tenant to vacate since the last 16 months . The accident took place much before (20 months back) But he had flately refused to vacate and also sarcastically told me to do whatever that is possible to get him evicted 

I am disillusioned with life suffering from depression . Can somebody suggest me a way to get the tenant vacated as our (my family) future depends on how soon we get back the house 

Any suggestion gratefully received 

Learning

2 Replies

B.T. RAVI (LEGAL MANAGER)     15 September 2014

A.      What is the term of the lease agreement ? Is there any clause regarding termination of lease during the existence of lease?

B.      You can issue the legal notice against tenant to vacate the premises and approach the court by filing eviction suit subject to lease agreement terms and conditions.

Madhusudhan (Nil)     16 September 2014

Mr Ravi , thanks for the response . I have a lease agreement . I keep renewing the agreement every 11 months . But what use . The tenant has scant regard for the agreement . As per agreement 2 months notice will have to be given . . I have given notice couple of times in the past  sent through courier .. But he cared least about the notice .The present agreement is due to expire in couple of months 

I am worried about the expenses if I move court 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register