LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shankar (Other)     20 November 2012

Eviction of subtenant

My father is a tenant for a shop under pagdi system.The shop is a property belonging to a trust. My father had a loss in business and sublet the shop to our distant relative .There is a rental agreement executed between our relative and my father (this agreement expired in 2009 and there is no renewal after that) .But subletting is not allowed in the Master Rent agreement. Now the subtenant is not vacating the premesis. How to evict him ? Can changing the tenancy from my fathers name to my name help in this case , as it was my father who has sublet the shop. Master agreement says my father and his successor in interest are the lessee. My father did not provide any rent receipt to him and he did not accept rent from him for the past 6 months. He is sending the rent via post and through notary . Can you please advise on how to evict him ?

Learning

1 Replies

Shankar (Other)     24 November 2012

Originally posted by : Shankar

My father is a tenant for a shop under pagdi system.The shop is a property belonging to a trust. My father had a loss in business and sublet the shop to our distant relative .There is a rental agreement executed between our relative and my father (this agreement expired in 2009 and there is no renewal after that) .But subletting is not allowed in the Master Rent agreement. Now the subtenant is not vacating the premesis. How to evict him ? Can changing the tenancy from my fathers name to my name help in this case , as it was my father who has sublet the shop. Master agreement says my father and his successor in interest are the lessee. My father did not provide any rent receipt to him and he did not accept rent from him for the past 6 months. He is sending the rent via post and through notary . Can you please advise on how to evict him ?

Can anybody help me in this regard?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register