Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

priya (Student)     07 June 2013

Error in recording dob in the hospital

Dear sirs,

All my docts, certificates and passport has 8 th jan as DOB. when i went to collect hospital letter to apply for birth certificate I was shocked to see 7th of jan. 

on enquiry i was told there was no actual delivery done as a child, I slipped down when my mother was walking in the hall. the nurse was asleep and my aunt who was my attending my mom was a nurse herself.

I was born 8th jan 12.10 am where as the hospital records say 7th jan 11.45 pm. well this was in way 1979 and so my parents dint bother much as the importance of birth certificate was not known then. the date and time of delivery was recorded by my aunt as they had to record that in the church family book.

I approached the hospital and they issued a letter saying im born on 8th jan 12.10 but when i applied for BC there was obviously no records  found. as of now the application is rejected stating there's no record found on 8th and have suggested to get it done through the court.

I know of notary and affidavit could be done thru lawyers but that is nor acceptable - i was told thru the judge. the procedure of getting affidavit thru judge is not known to me.

please tell me what is the best  way to go about this issue? what are the court procedures? whom am i expected to meet?

thank you

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 June 2013

You can obtain birth certificate from local municipal authority. for that you have to submit two certificates from two gazetted officers along with hospital letter by mentioning time at 12.10 a.m. not 11.45 p.m.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register