Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vikas Jain (SE)     24 January 2018

Epf deduction in case of rejoining

Hello Everyone,

I have a little query. I am explaining a situation here below:

Mr. X is working in an organization and getting salary Rs. 40000/- per month.

He is getting the benefits of EPF deduction from his salary as per the regulation. 

One day He put his resignation and left the job and due to some reason, rejoin again after a month on the same salary (Rs. 40000/- p.m.)

The organization prepares a new salary breakup for him with Basic Salary Rs. 15100/- plus Rs. 24900/- as Other allowances (like conveyance, medical, HRA etc.) but does not deduct EPF this time.

From the above situation, my question is that, "is it legal and as per EPF regulation to stop the EPF deduction in case of rejoining of an employee after a month of within a month?"

and "is it possible to stop EPF deduction in case of rejoining (like rejoining after 2 months or 6 months or so)"

Also, can anyone please share any office order regarding the above situation?

Many Thanks
Vikas

Learning

8 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 January 2018

have you approached EPFoffice.

Vikas Ranjan (HR Manager)     27 January 2018

As of now according to current PF rule, the employee whose basic salary is above Rs. 15000/- PF deduction is optional, not compulsory.
But, if u want to get PF deduction in ur salary forward ur written consent to employer. They will do follow same as according to ur letter.

Pf only deduced on Basic+DA+special Allowance +Basic Arrear

Pf only deduced on Basic+DA+special Allowance +Basic Arrear. These all are parts of Basic salary.
Special Allowance is added as a part of Basic salary after jurisdiction of madhya pradesh high court Gwalior bench previously. Then after PF office has also issued notification regarding this.

Vikas Jain (SE)     01 February 2018

Hi Vikas,

My query is something different. I am asking about the compulsion of EPF deduction in case of rejoining. according to best of my knowledge, EPF deduction is not optional in case of rejoining untill concerned employee withdraw his/her epf and pension contribution. I am looking if there is any possiblility to do so and if it can be done, is there any notification from government...

Gloria Woods (Academic Writer)     30 April 2018

Your EPF influence is amid you and your company and the organization. It would be most improbable that such facts can be disclosed to third parties. According to cheap essay writer, for new candidates joining the institute, it’s now very collective for new employers to request for your preceding payroll slip, of which you are thankful to provide should you seek new employment.

Meera Sharif   17 January 2019

Hi at first I would like to introduce my self, I am Meera Sharif a new member in this group working as HR Executive in pvt. ltd company. As per my knowledge if employee once a member of EPF he/she has to contribute to epf through out their career regardless his cut-off exceeds 15000/- as per EPF rule.

In your scenario you have to deduct pf of the rejoined employee on basic salary.

i.e., ex: basic 15100, so 15000(cut-off) x 12% =1800(have to be deducted).

hope this helps. Kindly let me know if any mistakes.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 January 2019

@ eera Sharif

Your interpretation seem sto correct and would also apply to original query.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register