Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SoftwarePro (Manager)     29 October 2017

Epf and aadhar a new headache

Dear Learned members,

Brief History: I worked in a company from 2008-2013 (just short of 5 years). EPF was started in the last 2 years of my service. My company terminated my service and refused to give my PF ac number/details. 

Recently, I filed a RTI and got details of my PF account. However, the RTI document did not specify if I have been alloted an UAN.( I have filed a separate rti requesting UAN number). The document (Subscriber's ledger) that I received from the EPFO office mentions only my Name and PF acc no. All other fields pertaining to DoB, Father's name, Date of leaving etc are empty. 

The problem: I know from my wife's experience that UAN has to be linked to Aadhar for online claims. Aadhar cannot be linked to the UAN if the details like Gender, Date of birth do not match with the details maintained by EPF office. Therefore, at the moment linking aadhar is impossible and so is making any claim. 

I was told that only the employer can rectify the personal details of the employee by signing a "Joint declaration" addressed to the PF commisioner. What options do I have to change my personal details with EFPO if my previous employer is refusing to sign any joint declation. Kindly advise. 

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register