Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mps   27 April 2017

Encroachment query

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum so apologies if I make a mistake.

Post partition of India and Pakistan, my parents decided to move to India from Punjab (Pakistan) and they were allotted property, in the form of apple orchards by the indian government in Himachal Pradesh, specifically, in a small town called Rohru. And another 8-9 acres of land was yet to be allotted by the government but as my father was in defence services, we kept moving from one town to another and he could not find the time to go to Rohru and talk regarding the pending allotment (of 8-9 acres) and also because of the same reasons, we could not take appropriate care of the properties in Himachal and as a result people started encroaching on the property. 

We have written letters to the deputy commissioner of the region but have never heard back from them.

Is there any chance for us to reclaim our property? We still have the original paperwork and documentation.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2017

First of all obtain mutation records with all link docs.

Pursue RTI route to get fate of applications and action taken.

Then visit a very able counsel specializing in revenue/property matters with all docs for a considered opinion on options,merits in each option.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 April 2017

There are many threads on similar queries at LCI that you can search in search option;

e.g;

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Property-law-601596.asp

Property law (Property Law)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register