LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Encroachment (2 sq meters)

A 2-storey building encroaches on a part of my plot. The size of encroachment is approximately 2 square meters (according to civic body's survey). However, the civic body carried out another demarcation survey in my absence and claims that the encroachment has now been removed. I have obtained this survey report through RTI application. It is a blatant lie. The encroacher had already scraped the plaster from the walls to show less encroachment (at the time of first demarcation survey), and it was not possible to reduce the encroachment further. Additionally, the second floor is misaligned and protrudes even more into my plot, but the demarcation only measured at ground level. (They use crude sticks and stones and one measuring tape....they don't even have proper equipment to carry out demarcation surveys).
I requested demarcation survey to be carried out in Feb 2008, so that is the first official record that I am aware of encroachment.  The building which encroaches on my land does not have completion or plinth checking certificate either. This info was also obtained through RTI application.
I have interviewed 5-6 lawyers, but their approach is to ask me to
leave my papers (photocopies) with them and give them the money, to proceed in ways they deem fit. I want them to discuss with me first how they will approach my case.
I want to give my case to a competent lawyer.
Uma

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register