LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prasad (Team Leader)     04 December 2014

Employment termination

I left GE Capital Hyderabad and joined Tata Consultancy Services Mumbai on 12th September 2012 with a dream to pursue career with so called globally recognized organization. Only after I joined this organization I came to know about the reality. TCS is not what it shows to be,

No employee centricity.

Tenured employees don’t give a dam for new.

People with great nonsense can only survive with TCS.

It was my worst decision to quit GE.

I sensed there was something fishy against me in TCS and I started asking questions to my immediate reporting manager but I always used to get an answer that I am not fit for the role I was hired for then what the hell they do while hiring me.

I reported it to the concerned HR in turn the HR turned against me as he has to save his appraisal too

A typical filmy story was made against me by sending out mails to the CEO of the company without my consent from my mailbox when I was not in office. They framed nice stories and terminated me making sure I don’t get any job anywhere in this country.

What should I do?

I have no hope left.

Thanks,

Vani Prasad

Learning

9 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     04 December 2014

• Analyse your  work first as per the following before blaming any organisation.
  • Work with functional managers and the team sponsor to obtain necessary resources to support the team's requirements

• Obtain and coordinate space, furniture, equipment, and communication lines for team members

• Establish meeting times, places and agendas

• Coordinate the review, presentation and release of design layouts, drawings, analysis and other documentation

• Coordinates meetings with the product committee, project manager and functional management to discuss project impediments, needed resources or issues/delays in completing the task

Prasad (Team Leader)     04 December 2014

I guess you didn't read my issue completely

Jay Ramakme (GM)     04 December 2014

Approach a lawyer and sue the company since they have taken away your fundamental right to earn a livelihood. 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 December 2014

You have posted serious allegations:

1. Mails from your mail box were sent...................implying the password was known to Mr/Ms..........

Did you report it and do you have evidence? Is the workstation under CCTV survilience and is the footage available? Is the password admin controlled and can anyone find out who logged in and sent emails from your mail box?

Or did you deny in writing with a copy to you that the emails were ever written and sent by you? Did the company initiate inquiry and conclude it.....................that emails were sent by you/not sent by you?

Lawyer well versed with IT/cyber laws can help you.

2.  They made sure that you don't get job elsewhere!

How was that done? Do you have evidence of falsification of record or adverse comments in BGV/reference check?

A lawyer specializing in criminal law can help you.

3. They cooked stories!

Do you have any evidence! How would you establish it ?

4. What is the charge leveled in termination order?

Did you contest it?

Did the company conduct any inquiry,issue show cause notice etc before effecting termination?

5. Are you a member of any /IT employees/ other employee's /Trade unions e.g. CITU/INTUC/BMS/AITUC etc.....

The trade unions leaders can help. 

6. Did the company supply along with/subsequent to termination order the service certificate,relieving letter, correct FnF statement in original,FnF dues payment,PF number and a/c slips,ESIC card,NOC/NDC etc........

You may show in person the job advt,job application,interview call letter,selection letter,offer letter,appointment letter,HR policy/Service Rules and Regulations/conduct and discipline rules,all relevant communications and record/documents to an able labor law consultant/service lawyer, give inputs and proceed further under expert advice of your lawyer.

Such companies are covered by (Name of the state) Shops and Commercial Establishments Act ( that was enacted to govern the service conditions of employees working in establishments covered by the Act) , standing orders (certified/model) and your lawyer may ask you a set of structured questions and may opine that you shall be covered by the def. of 'Workman' and 'Employee' as in the enactments............

The company has to act in accordance with the provisions of the enactments applicable to it.

These enactments being Act/instrument of law/statue shall prevail upon any private agreement that employer has drafted and signed with employee e.g. appointment letter,contract of employment,...............and private policy drafted by employer e.g. HR policy/KRA's etc....

The employer has to circulate the standing orders and has to supply the authenticated copy of the standing orders to employee even if against a nominal cost say Rs10/.

Employee or any one can obtain the standing orders from CO (certifying officer) that might be the DLC in o/o Labor Commissioner at location of Redg. Office of the company against a nominal cost  of say Rs3/page..................The misconduct that is not listed in the certified standing orders may not be a misconduct..............

If standing orders apply but are not certified, Model Standing Orders shall apply that can be downloaded from Dept. of labor website,google or you can buy the latest version from market. Your lawyer shall have the copy. 

Employer personally is held responsible for faithful observance of standing orders.

The lawyer that has examined al docs on record and your inputs can advice you the best.

Prasad (Team Leader)     05 December 2014

I have a question.

Can sms received by someone which I.

have saved in ms word format be deemed as evidence.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     16 December 2014

SMS is evidence. Show the format to your lawyer.

Amit Singh (Sales Manager)     19 December 2014

Hello, i am working in a pvt bank as a branch head, in 11th nov'14 i received call from my reporting manager to meet regional head and HR at regional office. when i met them they told me we are transffering you from your current location to another location which will let you know, in the mean while you supposed to join regional office for deputation. i asked them the reason but they didnt told me any thing. till time i dont know the new location not got any mail regarding this. i have resigned on 28th nov'14 which is still pending for approval now when i am asking to approve my resignation, my boss and HR manager is saying that your resignation is on hold due to investigation is going on against you. i have asked them many times but no body is telling me about allegations or investigation. til time i havnt receive any kind of caution or warning letter or customer complaints. Pls suggest me what should i do now.  

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2014

The moment employee has resigned he has ended employer-employee relationships. Resignation can be without permission and notice.... Don't remain entangled with Line Managers/HR... Transaction preferably in writing under proper acknowledgement to good offices of appointing authority,MD.... DOWNLOAD HR policy,Service Rules and regulations,Conduct and Discipline rules.....all emails that you have received,notice/resignation submitted by you,transfer order without location and show it to a competent Labor Law Consultant /Service matters lawyer and let your lawyer now structure all of representation....and build favorable written record.... You would require service certificate /relieving letter without adverse comments on record,and handover of charge hence proceed carefully under expert advice of your lawyer

Jai Karan Nagwan (consultant)     19 December 2014

Resignation can anytime be withdrawn before it is accepted and communicated accordingly

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register