Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SHAMMI (Assistant Manager)     03 October 2014

Employment bond is enforceable or not ?

Dear Experts,

I was an employee of a Pvt. Company, which is a 100% subsidiary of an Belgium based company, dealing in heavylift equipment rental and providing engineering services. I have worked there for 27 months. After handling a huge mental pressure for a long time, one good day, i have decided to quit the company. I have resigned on 6th August, and offered a full 3 months notice to the company as per appointment policy. On 23rd of August newly joined Regional HR & my department head has called me up for an adhoc meeting and asked me to get relived by same day, without any prior notice. However they agreed to issue relieving in date of 31st August, and show 7 days on LWOP. (23rd-31st Aug.).

In past, they have always recovered the pay in lieu of waiving notice period from all the employees who couldn't serve full notice, but now when it's their turn to pay salary in lieu of early relieving, they said it's management discretion that they don't need to pay you anything in lieu of early release.

Now it's been a month, and after several reminders to the management, they have sent me an email with F&F calculation, where they have made a deduction of rs. 1,00,000 against an employment bond, which i have never signed. They have sent me to UK for a meeting, but it was not for any training or studies etc. it was just to attend several meeting with various managers in 3 week period. Now they claim to recover cost of travel through that fake bond, which wasn't signed by me, neither any of other employees have signed any bond, who were travelling with me.

Moreover they have given threat for spoiling career and give negative reference checks as well, when i said that there is no bond as such,  for which i have audio recording evidences as well. 

Please suggest, to whom i can complain, and which acts govern these kind of issues ? (My Monthly salary was Rs. 60,000 )

Thanks In Advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     03 October 2014

Repeated Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Not-issuing-relieving-letter-threat-to-spoil-career-110220.asp#.VC5pimeSwb8

If your signature has been forged your lawyer handling criminal cases would know how to handle it.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 October 2014

If the query has been repeated, it deserves no reply, however, you have opportunity to initiate proper legal action against the company if they have really done any injustice to you, better take the help of a local service law practicing lawyer and proceed with his help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register