LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram (Consultant)     02 December 2010

Employing a security guard?

I live in a 8 flat apartment in Chennai for the last 4 years. In these  years  the apartment  secretary has changed  7 security person and  even without consulting  with the owners.

The main issue is the secretary and some owners want the security guard to put the motor for water supply during the night time instead of doing their duty of guarding the gates.  Because of this all the security guards have left the work.

But  for the last 4 months  there is no security guard and we have taken turns to put the motor in the day time and in the evening  time   except the secretary and  1 more flat owner who does not comply with the agreement .

Now the problem is the 7 flat owners are employing a person as security guard without consulting me (Actually the person collect's garbage in the morning from various houses in our area) without doing a proper background check, and for a heavy salary for just switching on and off the motor for water supply.

Now am against employing this person. I would like know what my rights are as an owner and whether am legally entitle to oppose the appointment of the security guard. And more over I have been paying other common expense s incurred in the common area, repairs and maintenance , water , electricity and sweeper charges every month.

Note :  The apartment association is not a registered under any act of law.  

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register