Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ravi Suryawanshi   14 July 2016

Employer not giving form 16

Hi,

I am Ravi Suryawanshi. I worked in my previous company from April 2013 to Jun 2015. I want my FORM 16 from employer for the year of 2015-16 (for 3 months April - Jun 15) . He is not responding in proper manner .I have called him many times and dropped several email but he is not responding. Can any one suggest me what to do?

Thanks

Ravi

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

Well, you may file a complaint against him. First sending a legal notice to him would be better because I am assuming amount is not much.

Regards,
Rit Arora

Advocate 

Pradeep Garg (private job)     25 July 2016

Form 16 is generated online when the Form 24Q is uploaded by the employer with his PAN & TAN by the due date. However Form 24Q contains data of employees whose Tax has been deducted by the employer during the concerned financial year. Therefore is no tax has been deducted from your salary, no Form 16 will be generated by employer. However you may get a salary certificate from the employer for the period of your service in such case.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 August 2016

Dear Client,

If TDS has been made by the employer he may not  give you Form 16. But whether or not he deducted TDS or given you form 16 or not you need to file tax return and  decale your income from all sources  and pay taxes claiming exemptions, deductions if any under the Income Tax Act 1961. Discharge your duty as an honest tax abiding citizen of the country as revenue generated through tax sources are funded for welfare measures as India  is a Welfare State.

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     17 August 2016

Dear Client,

If TDS has been made by the employer he may not  give you Form 16. But whether or not he deducted TDS or given you form 16 or not you need to file tax return and  decale your income from all sources  and pay taxes claiming exemptions, deductions if any under the Income Tax Act 1961. Discharge your duty as an honest tax abiding citizen of the country as revenue generated through tax sources are funded for welfare measures as India  is a Welfare State.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register