Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Gautam Vasoya (Software Engineer)     18 December 2013

Employer not give my security deposit and oct-nov salary

Hello Sir,
 I have joining the Company from August-2013 As Designation of Android Developer. it is going well still 13 Nov-2013. and then on 13-nov  company said us that we have change our office in new place in 3-4 days and Continue working from Monday. and we all employee going to home on that day. but after Monday we called to sir what is the new address of our new company then we know that they have not take any office still. then after 10 days arrange meeting at public place because company has not any office. in the meeting they said we give 2 option 1) Company merge with other company and you are working with that company 2) otherwise you take all responsibility of complete work with not dependency to other employee(Means Complete whole project only by you).

so we chose option 1 and ready to work as per company refereed and as per our Designation at the time of joining. but then Company said if you are not working as per company requirement then put Resignation with 1 Month.  then i have reply that mail that "i am ready to work with company as per my job profile which is decide at the time of my Joining. because i am not able to handle Project Management task. and also company not giving our October Month salary still date."

(Problem :: as per Company Policy if employe resign company before 1 year then company not give our Security Deposit which is Deducted 25% from 4 month salary. so that company not relive us and force to us to resign from company.)

then Company not give any reply for some days. and delay day by day. then  we all employee decide 29-nov that we send mail to company to take final decision of starting new office before 1 dec. and give our October month salary.

then company reply on 30-dec that "we have terminate you because you are irresponsible person and wrongly representing the company. and you are negligible to your work. so company will give your Experience letter and your final salary on 10-dec". company want some reason to terminate us.

i have called after 10- dec that i want my salary and all document. so tell me your new office so i am get all document hand-to-hand. but they said currently i am out side from state. so it is not possible so i have courier your document. and also i know that company not take any office.

Today i received Courier and found that they give only October month salary from there personal account and put date of January 2014.

Please help me what i do in that case. they stop my October month salary and not give my November month salary and security deposit. when i call today to ask why you not paid my security deposit and nov month salary then they said you not complete 1 year with company . but how it possible because company don't have any office place to work with them? also we all assume that company has already closed because 1 partner going Canada. she get PR from Canada. so one partner can not handle the office. so they cheating with us and force to give resignation.

please help me what i do?

Learning

6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2013

The query is also posted at: 

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=94211&offset=0#.UrGZ89IW1MA

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Full-and-final-settlement-94076.asp#.UrGR_dIW1MB

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Oct-nov-month-salary-not-giving-94204.asp#.UrGagNIW1MA

Don't delay and approach all authorities as ap.

Even if the employer has to sell his shirt, car, family jewels let him do that and pay the employees.

Act to catch him before he escapes.

It is time to unite with other affected employees, trade unions and approach a lawyer as ap.

No security is to be paid for getting employment.

NO such deduction namely security deposit is permissible from earned wages. 

Can i get help from labour commissioner gujarat?

can they help in my case?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 December 2013

If you have resigned with immediate effect then company might have adjusted notice pay and squared off your dues.

Don’t resign by email.

If acceptance of resignation has not been supplied to you till date then withdraw the resignation in writing and submit notice of resignation and state that since wages are not being paid you are resigning with notice period of............................days  as stated in appointment letter.

Or you should state that since wages were not being paid and company has closed the office the notice period has lost its sanctity and should not be applied at all.......................

Let all of your communications be drafted by elders in the family, competent and experienced well wishers, lawyer/law firm.

Approach a labor consultant/service lawyer with elders in the family and let your lawyer cover all mistakes you might have done.

Don’t trust the verbal statements of these directors any more.

You can approach labor Commissioner Gujarat at the city of ............................if:

Company has office in this city

You were located in this city

Company has redg. office in this city

It is stated in appointment letter that jurisdictional courts shall be in this city.

@Kumar Doab,

in our case if we are give resignation then company will not give our security deposite which was deducted from our salary, but company give resign then they have to pay our deposit, so we dont to resign from company. so that company pass day by day but not give answer. i think he plan pass day by day so employee irritate and give resignation and they not paid us security deposit.  But at final we give final decision notice to company which is i have attached file.  so that company give terminate notice and said that you have wrongly  represent  the company.   because we said that company does not paid our salary for the month of october and doing fake promises to take office but still not take office.   so that they find Reason for terminate.  

they write in my relieving letter that :  "we will paid any unpaid base salary accruing from the effective date of our last payroll to today, subject to the usual source deductions." 

but as per our payroll we have not any office so  we are seating at home from 13-nov.  we don't have any payroll to in-out entery for that. so can they paid for us because company has not office to work. they force us to work from home.  when i ask for my security deposit then they said you don't have complete one year as per policy so we can not pay your deposit. But is it right? because company have not office then how we work with them?

please give some suggestion what i do? and how complaint about company and were?

company give me cheque for October salary and said this is your  final settlement , i paid from my personal account. and also they put date of january month.

I have attached two file.  1) we send notice to take final decision for start company.  2) Company give terminate notice.

Attached File : 89157380 send notice.docx, 89157380 response from sir.docx downloaded: 146 times

Gautam Vasoya (Software Engineer)     19 December 2013

Mr.Kumar,

Finally my employer close ther web site and there email id, so i think its finally close the company. and they not paid my salary.

now what i do?

can i take help of police??

if yes, then how to doing complaint against them?

Please Guide me?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 December 2013

The matter was not becoming clear from the draft of your post.

You have pointed out that the office was closed and new office was not opened.

The Director had asked to work from home and has leveled allegation that you did not work from home and has terminated alleging misconduct.

In case of termination due to misconduct the employer may deny notice pay and may also take a stand to refund security.

It is not understood why the company had demanded security deposit and against what extra ordinary favor security deposit was required to be paid?

It is also not clear that what this source fund that company wants to deduct is.

Company has to pay you till last day in employment.

All employees may unite and must approach a labor consultant/service lawyer and show the job advertisement, job application, interview call letter, offer letter, appointment letter, demand for security deposit, salary slips, service agreement, bond, HR policy, service rules, standing orders applicable to company (Certified/Model), termination order, call details, all emails, notice to close the office, screenshots showing closure of web site, email etc

If your lawyer agrees that employer has defrauded the employees then and act fast to lodge complaint with o/o Labor Commissioner..................................Inspector under Shops and Commercial Establishments Act, Inspector under Payment of Wages Act....................................to recover the wages and attach the assets of employer, and police to stop leaving the city, country and attach all assets property of employer, under expert guidance of your lawyer.

You should also approach trade Unions and Labor Minister.

The lawyer that has seen all of your docs can advice you the best.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register