Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

anonymus (Manager)     25 March 2014

Employement rules at kpo / bpo sector in india

Hi,

I am employeed with one of the reputed IT & KPO (Knowledge Process Outsourcing) Organisation for 2 months now. At the time of joining there was a cluse in my appointment letter which says " I will have to either serve a notice of period of 6 months or will have to pay six months gross salary if I resigned before 1 year. Not all employess have this clause.

I singed the document at that time ( big mistake !) since did not thought of leaving before one year. However, situation is quite worst now. The organisation does not have any projects in hand and I am sitting ideal for 2 months now. I have been hearing only false promises for management that there are projects in pipeline but nothing is materialising.

I have another offer in hand but neither any company will wait for 6 months nor I can pay gross salary for six months. I am asking them to release me at earliest as I dont have any project.  But they are asking me to serve 6 month notice or the gross salary of 6 months.

I am not sure what to do. What will happen if I abscond (after stating these details in my resignation and then leave) ?

Will there be any legal action they could take against me?

Will they blacklist me in NASSCOM or is there any such list maintained in NASSCOM?

P.S. I am still in probation period. it is of 6 months.

Request your advice please . Thanks.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register