Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rashisharma   19 February 2015

Employee fraud- what to do??

Dear Professional Members

One of my friend was working with an MNC as International Sales Manager. He worked with that company for 2.5 years. He resigned one month back.

But the Company's Director didn’t want to let him go as the company will suffer business loss due to his resignation. After many ifs’ & buts’ he finally resigned and his resignation was accepted by the Director and clear off full & final dues from the Company.

Now the Company's Director want to investigate the reimbursement of expenses taken by him during his employment period. Although it's a part of his salary package.

Director start checking out each & every Travelling Bills, Conveyance Bills, Hotels Bills, Telephone Bills, Food Bills, Medical Bills, etc claimed by him as reimbursement from the company. If any fake bill was submitted & found during that investigation, the director will sue him for Fraud.

As discussed with him (My Friend), he told me that during his employment period he submitted all bills correctly (original copy) EXCEPT Medical Bills (For medicines).

He submitted fake Medical Bills including a fake VAT number on it total of Rs.8000 (Approx) during the period of his employment and usually other employees were also doing the same practice in the company.

NOW MY QUESTION IS :

WHAT ARE THE LEGAL ACTIONS CAN BE TAKEN BY THE DIRECTOR AGAINST HIM?

WHAT PENALTIES & PROSECUTION HE CAN FACE UNDER LAW?

HOW CAN HE SAVE HIMSELF FROM THIS?

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     19 February 2015

Repeated Query:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Employee-fraud-what-to-do--524186.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register