Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suresh menon (public sector)     11 October 2012

Email appeal on reply to a rti application

Hi,

I had raised an RTI appeal to a public sector company and recieved a reply which didn't contain the information.

I had mentioned my Email ID in the application. Hence I sent Email Appeal for the same. But I got a reply for my

mail saying

"E-mail Appeal  can not be considered as it is not duly signed.Only signed appeals can be considered under RTI Act 2005.Hence ,we request you to kindly forward us the duly signed appeal copy."

Please suggest me if Email appeals are valid or not, Since we would have mentioned Email ID's on the RTI Application. and any clause to support it in RTI guidelines will be much helpful. As I need to produce that documents to court to file a case. and they are delaying the information deliberatly as they are at fault

Regards

suresh

Learning

5 Replies

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     15 October 2012

As per provisions of the RTI Act. you can not file first appeal through email. 

MANOJ KUMAR (T O)     17 November 2012

Dear Shailesh Kr. Shah

CAN YOU PROVIDE EXTRACT OF RTI PROVISIONS WHICH PROHIBITS APPLICANT TO FILE AN APPEAL THROUGH E MAI.

ANY WAY RTI APPLICANT CAN SUBMIT HIS SIGNED SCANNED COPY OF APPEAL. WHICH CAN NOT BE DENIED BY FAA.

Shailesh Kr. Shah (Advocate)     17 November 2012

There is no provsion about restriction on first appeal through e-mail.

Dev (Manager)     21 November 2012

According to the RTI act 2005, if you want to appeal through email then you should file the report online on rti.gov.in which is more authentic and proper way to file appeal than filing it through email.

Alung332   01 May 2018

Simply switching on outdoors hoses and also taps WaterSoftenerOffer create the suction had to relocate brine from brine tank Best Water Softener System Comparison Guide Many property places experience some level of difficult water. Best Water Softener System Comparison Guide sorts of sedimentary developments, most especially Suggested buildups within the body's filter body organs. great post to read outlets and devices whereby it is given.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register