LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Guest (n/a)     22 February 2009

Eligibility to become central government commissioner of oaths

DEAR SIR,I AM PRACTICING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY SIDE. I AM 55 YEARS OLD. NOW I WANT TO BECOME A COMMISSIONER OF OATHS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA. I DO NOT KNOW THE PROCEDURES. WOULD ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME THE DETAILS ? PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM NOT ASKING INFORMATION ABOUT BECOMING A NOTARY PUBLIC. I WANT TO BECOME A COMMISSIONER OF OATCHS OF THE GOVERNMENT OF INDIA. PLEASE PASS THE INFORMATION IF YOU KNOW. I WOULD BE VERY MUCH THANKFUL TO YOU.

Learning

6 Replies

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     22 February 2009

My dear Balkrishnan,

Just see the Oaths Act of 1969

M. PIRAVI PERUMAL (Advocate & Consumer Rights)     22 February 2009

Sir,  The Central Government is not the appointing authority for Commissioner Of Oaths.  Further there is no designation as Commissioner of Oaths of the Government of India.  Kindly go through the concerned Act.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     05 March 2009

I do agree with my all ld. friends.

A.Mohamed Thaheer (ADVOCATE)     10 April 2009

There are commissioners of oath in the High Courts. How they are appointed/nominated? By Whom? What are all the duties and responsibilities of such commissioner? To whom he is answerable? Is there any remuneration for the post? If yes, how much? Who will pay the remuneration. Is it a honourary post? Let me ecxplain in detail for each and every question specifically

mohansreddy (Advocate)     05 June 2009

An application shall be made to Registrar of High court if your practice is below 3 years stating that Iam not capable of leading my livelihood from the profession then the registrar may consider and grant a certificate of appointing u as Oath commissioner but it is for a limited time (3 years) just to encourage the profession but no extension thereafter

Vinay Chhikara (Legal Expert)     28 June 2011

take my dear friend you can take a application performa  from  the office of the district & Sessions Judge.and submit the application in the district & sessions judge office. office will sent the application to the high court for appointment as  an OATH COMMISSIONER

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register