LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Venkateshwar rao (voluntarily retired post graduate teacher)     28 May 2014

Eligibility for ll.b

i am 53 years old, recently  volunteerily retired from central government. i am very much interested in doing LL.B. i i understand there is age limit to perceive the degree. If  allowed , after obtaining the degree, Bar council of india, does it allow to take membership. Are the such degree hoders allowed to practice.please answer.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)
There is no uniform policy as such till now few universities r following the criteria and few r not doing so ....Delhi university as such doesn't follow age criteria till date....students r allowed to enroll with Bar council and allow to practice till date.

advocate mukunda (advocate)     28 May 2014

in karnataka also there is no age limit

Banker Harpreetsingh (Patent Agent)     28 May 2014

There is no Age Bar for enrolment either as a Student neither in the Bar.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     28 May 2014

The Madras High Court has struck down a Bar Council of Tamil Nadu (BCT) regulation stipulating the maximum age for enrolment of advocates as 45 years.

NPKailaasam (ADVOCATE & Management Consultant)     29 May 2014

sir, Can you give the order of the Hon'ble court.

ajay singh (none)     29 May 2014

sir,I a also 47 years old .I m serving as a govt employee in state govt.what should i do.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 May 2014

there are different rulings in different states on the subject, please clarify which one will suit you by browsing through the respective web sites.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register