Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajkiran123 (Manager)     14 March 2016

Electronic evidence in 498a

Dear Experts,

I am fighting a false 498a case and the currently status on examination and cross of complainant. I have few emails and video recordings as evidence to show that she lied in her complaint. Please advise:

1. It is right strategy to produce all the evidences during cross itself to expose her lies then and there or some of them should be kept for later stages

2.Regarding video evidence, I heard that it should be produced in original format and recording device should also be produced. It is true or can I procude a copy in CD?  Also should there be any affidavit or any delcaration that should be procuded along with video recording ?

3. Emails: Should I be producing the email copy along with any affidavit or any delcaration or just a printout is sufficient?

4. Original documents: I have few original documents(like legal notices) which I am planning to produce in court as evidence. Is it possible to get the original documents back from court after verification as I have other cases running which may require original documents ?

Thanks in advance

Learning

4 Replies

(Guest)

1. it depends on question you ak in cross. if those electronic evidence can prove her a liar then you should produce them.

2. try to produce those videoes in original format with recording device for safety.

garima   22 March 2016

Ask for verification of video and emails during cross examination Itself. If she agrees fine otherwise take her consent for voice sample during cross and file application during cross examination for voice sample of her at CFSL. Produce CD with original recorded voice alongwith transcriptt.

garima   22 March 2016

affidavite u/s 65b of indian evidence act should be filed alongwith emails.

Rajkiran123 (Manager)     26 March 2016

Thanks the advises. Very helpful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register