Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Santosh Kumar Gupta (working Professional)     22 September 2015

Elder brother is being harassed by his wife

Sir,

My elder brother is being harassed by his wife since long. Initialy there was issue with my parents which happens in every family. My Sister in law wanted to stay separately with her family only. We took time to get things resolved. When it did not work out we suggested my brother to stay separately with his family.

Now still she is not happy. Every day she harass my brother for every small things. Few days back she approached local police station and wanted to register a complaint against my brother and parents for domestic violence and others fake reasons. However there was mutual conversation in presence of police and things got reloved. But this has happened in past also. Even one of the inspector told me that we have observed there is no issue with your family. "Beacase how can your parents gets involved when they are not staying with you and they do not vist your place also.". However legally we can not do anything. 

She does not allow my nephew to visit at our place. She always demand money from my brother. Her every requirements being fulfilled by my brother. 

What to do in such a sitaution? 

Is there any law for this. Because in India i have observed laws are only in favour of womens.

I am sorry writing in this way. Actually not getting any help or suggestion how to deal with this problem. Because we have tried through love, mutual understanding etc. to resolve the issue but in vain.

Please suggest how can be dealst with this legally.

Regards,

Santosh

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

You have taken the best decision of making them stay away from you people.

The more interaction with those people, you and your parents will be in trouble.

As far as the nephew angle is concerned, it is upon mutual understanding that how often the nephew is allowed to visit you guys.

Here your SIL does not want to keep in touch with you folks at all, and you guys have to live with this fact and stay away so that your brother has a peaceful married life and also for the peace of mind of old age parents.

At this age if she somehow is successful in getting registered a DP complaint then all of you will be in jail.

Stay away from bad people is a old adage.

As I have seen in-laws whoever it is, play a very important role in breaking or making of a marriage.

Hope you have understood my point here.

Your Sister-in-Law does not want you folks to interfere at all. Period.

Rest your brother is quite mature to handle his wife.

SuperHero (Manager)     23 September 2015

If she is not working. Better She can go for Work or Studying.

The main reason for this quarrels are people have plenty of leisure time and watch mega serials and movies.

The moment people are busy with Work such as going to office, cooking, etc... where is the time for quarrels and gossips.

Idleman's brain is devils Workshop.

Santosh Kumar Gupta (working Professional)     23 September 2015

Correctly said. But she does not want to work because she is not competent enough. she is not even 10 pass which we came to know after marriage. We had been told that she is a 12th pass.

Still this not the case. Her mind set is not in positive direction. I have seen less qualified persons are also employed or do something else for their self dependency.

She only wants money to fulfill her needs from his husband. This is the only relation she shares with her husband.

Unfortunately our law is always in womens favour. We have become helpless. Always threat of PS prevails. 

Please suggest a legal process or again if she approaches PS what should be our course of action. Is there any precautionery measure to this. Because it becomes an embarrasment for my family and they are very scared PS.

498victim.x   23 September 2015

Helping hand is scaring the husband side. Good job. Santosh, regardless of what you, your brother and parents do, sooner or later she will file false cases on your whole family. Don't be scared, you all have to deal with it. Y

Santosh Kumar Gupta (working Professional)     23 September 2015

Thank you so much.. In that I would require help of u all.. Please be with me at that moment.. Hope that day never comes..

(Guest)

Concentrate on your studies rather than concentrating on your babhi's lifestyle.  Sooner or later you too will have one, then use all your intelligence on how to handle wife and can come to this forum also to seek redressal.

Idle mans mind is devils online forum :-)) laugh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register