Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sekar (euthanize )     13 December 2013

Educational loan - help needed

Dear Sir, 

Thanks in advance for all your experts answers.

In 2009, I borrowed 6.8 lacs from Corporation bank for my higher education outside of india (overseas educatoin loan) and  I gave my land as a security . The land is then evaluated by the bank for more than10 lacs. Meanwhile, I was not able pay any interest or principal towards the loan as I could not get a job after my studies.

In Mar 2013, The bank took decision to sell the land  and sold it for just 5.25 lacs towards my loan. Recently, bank is asking for difference amount between land sold and principal amount on top of 4 years of interest. Altogether it comes around 6lacs again. 

At the moment, i wont be able to pay this much big money and would like to go for settlement with bank with some small amount.

I am not sure how come bank can sell the land for much lesser price than the price that was evaluated by them 4 years ago. I am not sure my thinking correct or not... I think how come i will have reponsibility if bank sells the land for much lesser amount than it is evaluated?

Experts, Please help me and guide me how to proceed with this situation.

Learning

1 Replies

Kolla Gangadhar (Practicing Advocate since 1986)     15 December 2013

Already answered similar question any how you obtain under The Right to Information Act, 2005 all your  education loan Account abroad 6.8 lakh , mortgaged your plot worth 10 lakh, 2009, how Bank sold plot 2013 for 5.5 lakh,   every thing  suspicious so you get entire Bank Account from 2009, plot sold for 5.5 lakh under which Act, ? did you get notice of sale ? you contact GLOBAL LEGAL SERVICES ;  Email: globallegalservicesindia@gamil.com  cell No: 9290673693 .   Your income is  Rs.50,000-/ per year is  free legal advise.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register